The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Third Session

Scroll to see replies

Wishing everyone productive sessions u got this go team humanities
I need to go and cook pasta so I'll be back in a bit :biggrin:
Hi all :smile: I'm wkstudy studying for my national 5s. Today I'll be studying for my design prelim and maybe some spanish towards the end :biggrin:
hiccups :facepalm:
Just thought i would put it out there, every SINGLE time i learn about Freud, it makes me sad and utterly disappointed that people think that way. He gives me such narcissist vibes. For example Freud believed that gender divergence begins at the onset of the phallic stage, where the girl realises that she has no penis, and starts to feel inferior to boys (penis envy). Penis envy becomes a major driving force in the girl's mental life, and needs to be successfully sublimated into a desire for a husband and children if it is not to become pathological.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo (I'm currently in the ruby league because I have been quite lazy with it, although I do have a 319 day streak)
I'm learning Spanish too! Your streak is amazing, I'm on a 687 day streak and I'm in the obsidian league :smile:
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
I'm learning Spanish too! Your streak is amazing, I'm on a 687 day streak and I'm in the obsidian league :smile:
Oh wow how r u guys finding Spanish! P impressive streaks.I was learning Ukrainian but have taken a break for a little while had a 1000 streak but lost it n motivation haha
Original post by ebyrne2036
Oh wow how r u guys finding Spanish! P impressive streaks.I was learning Ukrainian but have taken a break for a little while had a 1000 streak but lost it n motivation haha
It's great, I really struggle with grammar lessons though!
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Just thought i would put it out there, every SINGLE time i learn about Freud, it makes me sad and utterly disappointed that people think that way. He gives me such narcissist vibes. For example Freud believed that gender divergence begins at the onset of the phallic stage, where the girl realises that she has no penis, and starts to feel inferior to boys (penis envy). Penis envy becomes a major driving force in the girl's mental life, and needs to be successfully sublimated into a desire for a husband and children if it is not to become pathological.

There absolutely must be a uni dissertation in that question, whether old Sigmund was a narcissist. Thankfully I reckon a lot of thinking has moved on now and we mainly study his work because so much art and literature and stuff reflected on his ideas. What are you studying?

@Chronoscope your dissertation sounds really cool, where are you at with it so far?

Good luck with your tests @emm4nuella and @Student4355!
Hello all! I'll be doing some Spanish/Eng Lang again as is usual for a Tuesday. How are we all? :hello:
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo (I'm currently in the ruby league because I have been quite lazy with it, although I do have a 319 day streak)

That's great! I've been doing French for about the same length of time. Do you use other sources or just Duolingo?
Original post by Pwca
There absolutely must be a uni dissertation in that question, whether old Sigmund was a narcissist. Thankfully I reckon a lot of thinking has moved on now and we mainly study his work because so much art and literature and stuff reflected on his ideas. What are you studying?

@Chronoscope your dissertation sounds really cool, where are you at with it so far?

Thanks for asking! I mentioned earlier :thumbsup:
Hi everyone!
I am doing bio, chem and psych alevels. Today I am doing psychology revision, issues and debates to be specific. I have divided it so I can focus on all evenly:

Gender and culture

Free will and determinism

Approaches to psychology

Holism and reductionism

Idiographic and nomothetic

Ethics

Hoping to revise it all and then maybe do some exam Qs too!
Good luck all
Original post by Pwca

@Pwca I think I'm almost finished with the introduction and literature review. I still need to work on methodology a bit but that''s pretty straightforward as mines lab based project :yep: I also need to do the results and discussion chapter but I can't do that until Thursday as I need my supervisor to help me go through the data and help me understand it :eek4:
Thankfully my research project has a limit between 5k - 6k words, because quite a lot of the videos I've seen from other unis they seem to have word limits of 10k :yikes:
(edited 1 month ago)
That said - starting my Eng Lang work (just doing finishing touches on coursework then making sure my language change notes are all up to date) - back in an hour... ish!
Original post by Pwca

Also WOW there are loads of articles on Freud’s narcissistic nature :headfire:
Original post by Castrovalva
Hello all! I'll be doing some Spanish/Eng Lang again as is usual for a Tuesday. How are we all? :hello:

Hope you're well too :awesome:

I have a stupid cold :bricks:
(edited 1 month ago)
Thanks for asking! I mentioned earlier :thumbsup:

Ah I missed that earlier, sorry! If you're not a Freud fan is there a theorist you find more compelling?

Original post by Chronoscope
@Pwca I think I'm almost finished with the introduction and literature review. I still need to work on methodology a bit but that''s pretty straightforward as mines lab based project :yep: I also need to do the results and discussion chapter but I can't do that until Thursday as I need my supervisor to help me go through the data and help me understand it :eek4:
Thankfully my research project has a limit between 5k - 6k words, because quite a lot of the videos I've seen from other unis they seem to have word limits of 10k :yikes:

Brilliant you've got your lit review pretty much done. That's always my very least favourite part of any project! Haha I miss the days of 10k word limits. My PhD is supposed to be 80k-100k. I think I've done maybe.... 4k? :colondollar:
Original post by Castrovalva
Tired but alright hru
Original post by Chronoscope
Hope you're well too :awesome:

I have a stupid cold :bricks:
Ugh no look after urself
Original post by Pwca
Ah I missed that earlier, sorry! If you're not a Freud fan is there a theorist you find more compelling?

Brilliant you've got your lit review pretty much done. That's always my very least favourite part of any project! Haha I miss the days of 10k word limits. My PhD is supposed to be 80k-100k. I think I've done maybe.... 4k? :colondollar:

4k is good! :tongue: When's it due?
80k - 100k sounds impressive :shock: (and my dyslexia is crying)
How do you even plan something like that? :eek4:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending