The Student Room Group

tips and tricks for computer science a level (ocr)

heyy! i’m doing a level computer science and was just wondering if any of you have any tips to get better at it? i think i’m alright at the theory it’s just when it comes to applying the theory practically in programming. i can do HTML and CSS comfortably as i did it for my NEA/coursework to make a website but whenever i get to the programming questions in the exam i just have no idea what to write! any tips would be useful, thanks xx
Hiya! I’ve never done computer science, but I know that maybe you could revise the concepts that you find hard with somebody that might understand them a bit better and see if they can help you with the computer/ coding side of it. Doing lots of practice papers and having a look at Markschemes to see where you’ve gone wrong or for topics that you’re not sure of/how u do them is important to pick up inaccuracies. I’d also recommend having a look on YouTube as they might have quite interactive videos/tutorials to help you. Good luck with your exams and let me know if you have any more questions.
Reply 2
thanks so much!!!
Original post by veelora
heyy! i’m doing a level computer science and was just wondering if any of you have any tips to get better at it? i think i’m alright at the theory it’s just when it comes to applying the theory practically in programming. i can do HTML and CSS comfortably as i did it for my NEA/coursework to make a website but whenever i get to the programming questions in the exam i just have no idea what to write! any tips would be useful, thanks xx
you could try do snakify tasks, or look on w3 schools
Reply 4
Original post by georgiema3
you could try do snakify tasks, or look on w3 schools

yeah thanks W3 schools is super useful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending