The Student Room Group

Student finance appeal after studying abroad

I've been studying for the past two years in The Netherlands, and have just moved back to the UK to change courses and study down in Falmouth (starting in the second year)- and have just been told that I'm not eligible for student finance as a result of these two years of study. I did not finance this study with any help from the UK gov, and this is my first time entering the UK university system. Has anyone successfully appealed something like this? I can't afford to go without this loan :/
There’s no way to appeal this. It’s part of the government legislation around student support. If you have previous university study then that is deducted from your fundable years. Regardless of where you studied and how it was funded.
You will be eligible for a living cost loan (if you meet the residency and immigration criteria) for all years of a new course and will only be without a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a new course.

With 2 years study you should be eligible for tuition fee loans for year 2 and 3 of a new degree at Falmouth.
Reply 2
Original post by scromlet
I've been studying for the past two years in The Netherlands, and have just moved back to the UK to change courses and study down in Falmouth (starting in the second year)- and have just been told that I'm not eligible for student finance as a result of these two years of study. I did not finance this study with any help from the UK gov, and this is my first time entering the UK university system. Has anyone successfully appealed something like this? I can't afford to go without this loan :/

How did you get on with this ? I am just appealing a similar situation
Reply 3
Original post by Satori1970
How did you get on with this ? I am just appealing a similar situation

My appeal was successful! Explained the extenuating circumstances surrounding my departure in a letter template I got from my SU, and submitted relevant evidence, got them to discount my third year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending