The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL student AMA

Hi!

I graduated from UCL (BSc Human Sciences in 2023)

If you have any questions about what it was like studying at UCL (student life, societies,...) please feel free to ask here!
Hey i’m currently trying to weigh up the Health and Human Sciences course at Durham
with the HS course at UCL which I just got an offer for, How do you find the quality of teaching in the department ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey i’m currently trying to weigh up the Health and Human Sciences course at Durham
with the HS course at UCL which I just got an offer for, How do you find the quality of teaching in the department ?
I've just looked through Durham's page and to me it looks like there's a lot more obligatory modules and less choice.
For example at Durham in second year you have 6 core modules and 2 choices whereas at UCL you only have 2 obligatory modules and you choose the 6 others.
Durham also seems a lot more health focused and a lot more anthropology focused. At UCL those can be your focus if you choose but you can also go down different paths and concentrate more on biosciences or psychology or STS or even do some geography modules.
I thought the quality of teaching at UCL was good but I obviously can't compare it to Durham's. Professors offer office hours and all the professors I have had it's been very easy to ask questions to. UCL is also higher ranked globally so that may attract higher ranked professors. For example, UCL is ranked 4th in the world for anthropology whereas Durham is 23rd.
Good luck making your decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending