The Student Room Group

student finance

Do i need a tuition fee loan to pay for university? and what will happen if i don’t get one? will i have to pay for my tuition from my own money whilst i’m at uni? i’m also planning on living at home but i think it will help if i get the maintenance loan as i’m doing nursing and will be on long placements where i may not be able to work a paid job during my unpaid placements. is this a good idea?
Original post by miamcniven
Do i need a tuition fee loan to pay for university? and what will happen if i don’t get one? will i have to pay for my tuition from my own money whilst i’m at uni? i’m also planning on living at home but i think it will help if i get the maintenance loan as i’m doing nursing and will be on long placements where i may not be able to work a paid job during my unpaid placements. is this a good idea?

Apply for both the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan. If you don't apply for finance then you will have to pay the fees yourself. If you live at home, then you will still be eligible for the maintenance loan but it will be a bit less than if you lived away from home. If you are going to be studying nursing at a uni in England, then you need to apply for student finance first to then apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund for the annual training grant (£5,000 per year) and other benefits to cover placements.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending