The Student Room Group

Should I stick with A level computer science?

I have just completed my first week of A level and feel that computer science is already beginning to grind me down. It is nothing to do with the content/ difficulty, I think that the spec is really interesting and want to do it at university. However the lessons are a drag and the exact same as at GCSE. The typical structure is: give us Craig and Dave video for homework; then spend the first half of the lesson repeating the key points of the homework (from the Craig and Dave powerpoint); then send us to our computers to complete the Craig and Dave homework. I found at GCSE that this method meant that we went through the course far slower than I would have wanted resulting in some parts of the class not even completing the course. Is this what it is like at other schools or if not should I just cut the subject and re-continue it at uni?
Original post by JimmyJimleton
I have just completed my first week of A level and feel that computer science is already beginning to grind me down. It is nothing to do with the content/ difficulty, I think that the spec is really interesting and want to do it at university. However the lessons are a drag and the exact same as at GCSE. The typical structure is: give us Craig and Dave video for homework; then spend the first half of the lesson repeating the key points of the homework (from the Craig and Dave powerpoint); then send us to our computers to complete the Craig and Dave homework. I found at GCSE that this method meant that we went through the course far slower than I would have wanted resulting in some parts of the class not even completing the course. Is this what it is like at other schools or if not should I just cut the subject and re-continue it at uni?

Persevere with computer science

Quick Reply

Latest