The Student Room Group

Anyone studying Pharmacy (MPharm) at King's college or UCL?

I am asking this as I am wondering what the course is like. I am interested in what the daily schedule is, how many days a week I would have to be on campus, what the work is like and what resources I could use to revise for each of the individual modules.

Thank you to anybody who takes the time to reply to this, much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by AnonymousUCL
I am asking this as I am wondering what the course is like. I am interested in what the daily schedule is, how many days a week I would have to be on campus, what the work is like and what resources I could use to revise for each of the individual modules.
Thank you to anybody who takes the time to reply to this, much appreciated.

I would say up until January you will be on campus everyday. Usually 3 days a week are lectures and the other 2 are workshops/labs/ clinical classes so there is a big range. There’s also pharmacy placements which in year one we don’t have that many. I think there’s about 4. After January you usually get like one day off at least every 2 weeks depending on your timetable. But in general pharmacy is a very content heavy degree. In my personal experience it is a lot harder than A levels so it requires you to be on top of your work at all times otherwise you will fail summer exams. Happens to a lot of people in first year and they get kicked out ☹️ But there are definitely resources to help you deal with revision. Most lecture slides are uploaded and all lectures are recorded which is available for you to access. Some lectures also provide lecture notes which is a plus. Hope this helped 🙂
Original post by dhjkklb
I would say up until January you will be on campus everyday. Usually 3 days a week are lectures and the other 2 are workshops/labs/ clinical classes so there is a big range. There’s also pharmacy placements which in year one we don’t have that many. I think there’s about 4. After January you usually get like one day off at least every 2 weeks depending on your timetable. But in general pharmacy is a very content heavy degree. In my personal experience it is a lot harder than A levels so it requires you to be on top of your work at all times otherwise you will fail summer exams. Happens to a lot of people in first year and they get kicked out ☹️ But there are definitely resources to help you deal with revision. Most lecture slides are uploaded and all lectures are recorded which is available for you to access. Some lectures also provide lecture notes which is a plus. Hope this helped 🙂

This is a very helpful insight, thank you! Do you attend King’s or UCL?
Reply 3
Original post by dhjkklb

Do you advise applying for pharmacy at the uni u r currently at? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending