The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester - career prospects?

I've received offers from Lancaster and Manchester to study a joint Politics/Sociology degree. I'm thinking of Manchester as I feel Lancaster is isolated but it seems to get higher rankings than Manchester.

Does Manchester have good career prospects?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've received offers from Lancaster and Manchester to study a joint Politics/Sociology degree. I'm thinking of Manchester as I feel Lancaster is isolated but it seems to get higher rankings than Manchester.
Does Manchester have good career prospects?

Mate uni rankings are total made up BS and literally dont matter, go wherever u like. Especially since Ur choosing between 2 well respected unis like lanc and manc

the one thing that WILL affect career prospects is work experience. if u graduate with no useful experience u will have a **** time no matter where u went for uni
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Mate uni rankings are total made up BS and literally dont matter, go wherever u like. Especially since Ur choosing between 2 well respected unis like lanc and manc
the one thing that WILL affect career prospects is work experience. if u graduate with no useful experience u will have a **** time no matter where u went for uni
Thanks for your response. I thought uni rankings weren't as good as everyone makes out by my school and 6th form told us it would affect our careers.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks for your response. I thought uni rankings weren't as good as everyone makes out by my school and 6th form told us it would affect our careers.
common misconception. 6th formers are liable to get overly into league table **** measuring, and school /careers advisers overemphasise 'uni prestige' and de-emphasise the importance of actually proving you're worth employing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending