The Student Room Group

Advice on GCSE?

So I'm not sure how it works but I'm 19 and hoping to achieve some GCSE grades which I currently only have 1 of which is a 4 in English,
I was wondering if I am too late to start anything in college to help me get some GCSE grades, I'd like to eventually get to uni {if possible} but would just like some advice is all?
Reply 1
Original post by Rob3456
So I'm not sure how it works but I'm 19 and hoping to achieve some GCSE grades which I currently only have 1 of which is a 4 in English,
I was wondering if I am too late to start anything in college to help me get some GCSE grades, I'd like to eventually get to uni {if possible} but would just like some advice is all?

colleges usually offer gcse courses to adult learners too! my college offers levels 1,2 and 3, aswell as Access to University courses (which are also level 3, equivalent to alevels from what i’ve been told). If your local colleges don’t, you can find gcse courses online too and exam centres near you to do them at (they could be more expensive online though since you’d technically be a private candidate , but i’m not too sure!). The best thing to do is check your local colleges websites to see what they offer and when courses start. If you plan on going to university it could be worth looking into some access to university courses (either at your local colleges or online), in a subject your interested in! I know at my college if you don’t have gcse maths and english your able to complete them alongside the Access to University course, maybe your local colleges offer something like that too??
Reply 2
Original post by loulai_
colleges usually offer gcse courses to adult learners too! my college offers levels 1,2 and 3, aswell as Access to University courses (which are also level 3, equivalent to alevels from what i’ve been told). If your local colleges don’t, you can find gcse courses online too and exam centres near you to do them at (they could be more expensive online though since you’d technically be a private candidate , but i’m not too sure!). The best thing to do is check your local colleges websites to see what they offer and when courses start. If you plan on going to university it could be worth looking into some access to university courses (either at your local colleges or online), in a subject your interested in! I know at my college if you don’t have gcse maths and english your able to complete them alongside the Access to University course, maybe your local colleges offer something like that too??
Oh okay ill definitely have a look hopefully that is the case. Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest