The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Results

Hi everyone, I have received a conditional offer from the university of Wolverhampton for nursing foundation year and my question is im just abit worried because i couldn’t do my GCSE English as i was in my back home so will they accept me in anyway?
Original post by Joni.90
Hi everyone, I have received a conditional offer from the university of Wolverhampton for nursing foundation year and my question is im just abit worried because i couldn’t do my GCSE English as i was in my back home so will they accept me in anyway?

Are we to assume that one of the conditions of your offer was achieving a particular grade in your GCSE English? Do you have a GCSE English grade at all, albeit lower than their requirement (which looks to be grade 4/C)? Or have you never taken it?

Have you looked at the option of using their GCSE English Equivalency Course instead (see here for details): "If you do not currently hold a GCSE English or Mathematics qualification, we have online equivalency courses that you will be able to take." It is "Free to all applicants" and "For students who have applied during the current admissions cycle."

The fact that they offer this alternative makes me suspect that if you don't have the required GCSE English, and you opt not to take their self-paced GCSE English Equivalency Course instead, then they will simply not accept you.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hi Joni.90, first advice would be always to reach out directly to the admissions team at the university (hopefully someone can support you on this thread otherwise why not give them a call?) because they can give you the most accurate advice for your specific circumstances. Secondly, it would usually depend on whether part of the conditions for your offer is to have a GCSE in English.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending