The Student Room Group

Application dependants question

Hi, I'm applying for student finance 24/25 and it's asking me if I'm financially responsible for an adult and one example given is spouse. I am married and live with my husband, he has a full time job but we are both financially responsible for the family which is why I currently have a part time job, he does need my salary to meet up the monthly bills. Do I put yes?

Secondly, my husband lived abroad from 2019 to 2021 but I did not, would this affect my chances of getting funding? I am terrified I will be rejected again.

Also, I am applying for a second degree in Nutrition and Dietetics bsc, I have checked multiple times that I am eligible but would the fact that I haven't yet finished paying the first degree loan affect my chances? My first degree was accounting and international business 4 years bsc
Original post by vadeyemi2
Hi, I'm applying for student finance 24/25 and it's asking me if I'm financially responsible for an adult and one example given is spouse. I am married and live with my husband, he has a full time job but we are both financially responsible for the family which is why I currently have a part time job, he does need my salary to meet up the monthly bills. Do I put yes?
Secondly, my husband lived abroad from 2019 to 2021 but I did not, would this affect my chances of getting funding? I am terrified I will be rejected again.
Also, I am applying for a second degree in Nutrition and Dietetics bsc, I have checked multiple times that I am eligible but would the fact that I haven't yet finished paying the first degree loan affect my chances? My first degree was accounting and international business 4 years bsc
Hi there,

We'd assess your 24/25 application based on their 22/23 income so their 19/21 income wouldn't affect you.

No, your current repayment wouldn't affect you applying again for the funding. You don't need to have paid off the loan in order to receive a new loan. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
We'd assess your 24/25 application based on their 22/23 income so their 19/21 income wouldn't affect you.
No, your current repayment wouldn't affect you applying again for the funding. You don't need to have paid off the loan in order to receive a new loan. Thanks, Jason
Thanks for getting back to me. Do I click yes in response to whether I'm financially responsible for an adult? Please see original question. Many thanks
Original post by vadeyemi2
Thanks for getting back to me. Do I click yes in response to whether I'm financially responsible for an adult? Please see original question. Many thanks
Hi there,

Only if you're applying for the adult dependant grant and in which case, you'd put no if he's not financially dependant on you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending