The Student Room Group

Sixth form application- predicted grades and gcse

Hi I have a question about applying to a grammar school sixth form which is highly selective
To do economics I need a 6 in English and to do computing I need a 6 in maths
Right now my predicted grades are 8 and if the school gives me a conditional offer but In my real gcses i get 6 which still meets the offer will I still be allowed to join

The school is really good and highly selective and I want to get in
Reply 1
Original post by Depressed44
Hi I have a question about applying to a grammar school sixth form which is highly selective
To do economics I need a 6 in English and to do computing I need a 6 in maths
Right now my predicted grades are 8 and if the school gives me a conditional offer but In my real gcses i get 6 which still meets the offer will I still be allowed to join

The school is really good and highly selective and I want to get in

It depends on the over-subscription criteria. Have you checked how they accept applicants if too many get the grades?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
It depends on the over-subscription criteria. Have you checked how they accept applicants if too many get the grades?

This is what they told me

Last year, we had 1,000 applicants for 30-40 places and made 52 offers. Of those 52, 15 met the conditional offer on Results Day and the rest of our new joiners were reviewed on Results Day.

If we are oversubscribed in terms of applications in January, applications are ranked in order of average GCSE predicted point scores, so the higher your predicted grades the more likely you are to receive an offer.
Reply 3
Original post by Depressed44
This is what they told me

Last year, we had 1,000 applicants for 30-40 places and made 52 offers. Of those 52, 15 met the conditional offer on Results Day and the rest of our new joiners were reviewed on Results Day.

If we are oversubscribed in terms of applications in January, applications are ranked in order of average GCSE predicted point scores, so the higher your predicted grades the more likely you are to receive an offer.

Check on their website for their policy. Most schools rank the GCSE results so it depends if your 6 brings your average down too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending