The Student Room Group

I Have Offers For 2025. Can I Still Enter Clearing In 2024 ?

If I want to try to enter clearing this year, instead of waiting to take one of my 2025 offers? How would this work if it is a possibilty
Original post by going-football
If I want to try to enter clearing this year, instead of waiting to take one of my 2025 offers? How would this work if it is a possibilty

You'd need to decline your current offers to be eligible for clearing. You'll also need your achieved grades.

If you are happy with your current offers but not the point of entry, ask the unis if they might move it to 2024, (if it's med, they have limited spaces and might say no).
Hi there,

If you're considering entering Clearing in 2024 despite having offers for 2025, you should consider the following:

You won't be able to apply for Clearing if you're still holding an offer, so you will need to decline your current offers first.

However, before declining your offers, contact the universities you're interested in through Clearing to see if you can receive a verbal offer from them.

Remember that Clearing opens in July and is available until October, so once you have your grades and you're no longer holding any offers, you can apply to Clearing as soon as it opens.

Lastly, it’s important to seek advice from a career advisor or the admissions team of the universities you’re interested in to ensure your eligibility.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending