The Student Room Group

Going to Uni later than others - at 21,22 or even 23

How's it going people, my name is Bradley.

I'm currently studying an apprenticeship in accounting and doing my AAT Level 3 qualification. I've worked in a company for over 2 years since doing A-Levels and gained a lot of experience since then. The job is fairly boring, but it pays well for my age.

I have always considered going to university at some point, but have always felt unsure due to a plethora of things: Family, finances, not knowing what I want to do specifically.

I get worried though, because I feel like I'll miss out on so much if I don't go soon. I'd much prefer enjoying myself and trying new things, than spending 3 years working in a job which is fairly boring a lot of the time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
I’m 28 and a mum of four and this year I am starting uni and studying midwifery, something I’ve always wanted to do but always put on the back burner due to other things (life in general) but it’s always been at the back of my mind. This year I have decided to just go for it! Chase your dreams (without sounding cheesy) but this is your life so do what makes you happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending