The Student Room Group

Would I get into medicine with these low gcse grades (predicted)?

GCSE's (predicted): 8888777776

I am a year 11 student who wants to study medicine, these are my predicted grades. I am hoping to achieve 1 or 2 more 8s....would I get into medical school with this? I hope to achieve AAA at A-level too - I also have really good work experience already (I will have even more by the time of my application) but would these GCSE grades bring my application down too much?
Original post by trumanb
GCSE's (predicted): 8888777776
I am a year 11 student who wants to study medicine, these are my predicted grades. I am hoping to achieve 1 or 2 more 8s....would I get into medical school with this? I hope to achieve AAA at A-level too - I also have really good work experience already (I will have even more by the time of my application) but would these GCSE grades bring my application down too much?

just do the work and get them 9s. focus on that. work experience is something but not much compared to academics.

you would be able to apply, your ucat score will make or break you app it seems if you get those exact stats.
think of it this way, there are 30,000 applicants on average, lots get predicted a stars, many get one a star. many unis want at least one a star. your gcse's play a small to medium to large factor depending on the uni.

work your hardest, get the best possible grades, many people do get above 1 grade in their predicted sometimes. so you do it to. its competitive, but not impossible with those gcse grades. you can still get in, but its a challenge and requires you to make up in a level with preferably all a stars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending