The Student Room Group

LNAT tutors

Hey, I'm looking to reapply to some top universities that require the LNAT. Can anyone who have success in getting interviews at top unis (UCL, Oxbridge, KCL) or high scores: high 20's, recommend good tutors that they used. It let me down in my first time applying, specifically section A.
I wouldn’t bother paying for LNAT resources (neither a tutor nor sites like arbito). It’s an aptitude test so there isn’t much you can study/practice. I just did the free practice tests on the LNAT website and free sample tests on other sites. (I got 27 and go to Oxford)
Reply 2
Original post by Username123ab
I wouldn’t bother paying for LNAT resources (neither a tutor nor sites like arbito). It’s an aptitude test so there isn’t much you can study/practice. I just did the free practice tests on the LNAT website and free sample tests on other sites. (I got 27 and go to Oxford)

Did you use any specific techniques or methods when doing section A?
I posted a big reply on another LNAT thread but as you've sat it before a lot of it won't apply to you really. What did you use first time around to prepare and what kind of scores did you get then, and then what in the real thing?

I didn't pay for anything and am by no means an expert, got 31, but happy to try and help if I can
Reply 4
Original post by MollieMcKezie
I posted a big reply on another LNAT thread but as you've sat it before a lot of it won't apply to you really. What did you use first time around to prepare and what kind of scores did you get then, and then what in the real thing?
I didn't pay for anything and am by no means an expert, got 31, but happy to try and help if I can

I used LNAT ninja, I got generally low scores in the 20s but in the real thing got way less than what I thought of 15. Id love to know what sort of techniques and prep you used
Original post by Frxstyx
I used LNAT ninja, I got generally low scores in the 20s but in the real thing got way less than what I thought of 15. Id love to know what sort of techniques and prep you used
Check out what I posted here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7456325&p=99288557&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99288557

As you've sat it before I'll expand a little too. I think from section 1 the main thing I found is that the passages can say what that they say in different formats but the main thing that I found is that you were being asked to identify what was being stated versus what was being implied.

I definitely wouldn't pay for anyone just yet, I would keep practicing but more importantly going over the ones I'd got wrong and working out why. I think when you start to understand why and where you're going wrong you get into that mindset and it gradually gets easier.

Also I was scoring around 28 in practice and got 31 and I think that's because I felt quite calm on the day. If it goes the other way it's so easy to just not take things in/rush and well panic. Sadly there's no tutor or book or site that can help with that side of things tho!
Original post by frxsted
Hey, I'm looking to reapply to some top universities that require the LNAT. Can anyone who have success in getting interviews at top unis (UCL, Oxbridge, KCL) or high scores: high 20's, recommend good tutors that they used. It let me down in my first time applying, specifically section A.

If you insist on having a tutor I would recommend Riya Bhatt on TutorChase (Oxford graduate), she is a really nice teacher and actually cares. She helped me mainly with section B tho because it is where I struggled the most.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Username123ab

This is so real, I did exactly the same thing as you and got 28 with an lse offer. I still think paying up to 60 pounds for lnat resources is ridiculous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending