The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply for a Law degree that requires A*AA if I'm predicted A*AB

As the title says I'm currently predicted A*AB in Psychology, Chemistry and Biology and I was wondering if there was any chance an A*AA Uni would give me an offer?

And also would a good LNAT score compensate for the predicted grades being lower than the entry requirements?
You can apply with EEE predictions.

Whether it’s a good idea depends on the weighting that university places on predicted grades (ring them and ask them) and your appetite for risk. Do you think that you can exceed your predictions?

I would personally say if you’re not getting one or 2 rejections out of your 5 ucas choices then you’re not being ambitious enough - you only need one offer that you are happy with. 5 offers that you’re ok with is worth less than 1 you’re happy with.
Is there any way that B could be moved up to an A before you apply? I don’t just mean on paper, I mean could you work that bit smarter/harder in that subject to get the A? Would a personal tutor be out of the question? You can find them on FB or by teacher recommendation. My friend got one in year 13 and their English grade went from a high C/low B to an A in the actual exams. Made a huge difference, but they did put a lot of work in and had extra ‘homework’ from the tutor to complete too.

Personally, if I were applying I’d maybe only go for one at A*AA if I was predicted A*AB as law is a super competitive subject and any decent ranked uni (especially those wanting LNAT) will get many applicants per place. Not being predicted the minimum entrance grades, unless there’s exceptional circs or contextual, is an easy way for them to sift you out for a rejection (sorry).

On the flip, if you do better in the exams you could always take a year out and reapply with grades in hand.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by BarryScott2022
Is there any way that B could be moved up to an A before you apply? I don’t just mean on paper, I mean could you work that bit smarter/harder in that subject to get the A? Would a personal tutor be out of the question? You can find them on FB or by teacher recommendation. My friend got one in year 13 and their English grade went from a high C/low B to an A in the actual exams. Made a huge difference, but they did put a lot of work in and had extra ‘homework’ from the tutor to complete too.

Personally, if I were applying I’d maybe only go for one at A*AA if I was predicted A*AB as law is a super competitive subject and any decent ranked uni (especially those wanting LNAT) will get many applicants per place. Not being predicted the minimum entrance grades, unless there’s exceptional circs or contextual, is an easy way for them to sift you out for a rejection (sorry).

On the flip, if you do better in the exams you could always take a year out and reapply with grades in hand.

Good luck.

Yeah im currently doing mock exams so it is possible to move the grade up but i just wanted to see the difference that it would make.

Thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending