The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL law with bad GCSEs?

I really want to go to kcl for law but I’m scared if my GCSEs will barricade me from getting in. My GCSEs range from 4-6 bcs I was adjusting to the education system which was very different from my previous one. Is there a possibility to get in with a good LNAT score and personal statement, along with meeting the entry requirements for alevels?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I really want to go to kcl for law but I’m scared if my GCSEs will barricade me from getting in. My GCSEs range from 4-6 bcs I was adjusting to the education system which was very different from my previous one. Is there a possibility to get in with a good LNAT score and personal statement, along with meeting the entry requirements for alevels?
I would recommend retaking GCSE English Lanugage and GCSE Maths, as they will require a 6 or greater grade.

Your GCSEs are considered alongside A-Level predicted grades, reference, UCAS Personal Statement and especially the LNAT score.

KCL requires a 30 or above score in the LNAT, as well as 1A star and 2A grades or higher in your A-Levels. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
I would recommend retaking GCSE English Lanugage and GCSE Maths, as they will require a 6 or greater grade.
Your GCSEs are considered alongside A-Level predicted grades, reference, UCAS Personal Statement and especially the LNAT score.
KCL requires a 30 or above score in the LNAT, as well as 1A star and 2A grades or higher in your A-Levels. :smile:

I did achieve a 6 in both English lit and language, but not for math. My alevel subjects are politics, psychology and law, and I’m doing well in them currently since I am aware the entry requirements are A*AA. My main concern is once again GCSEs, will I be rejected solely bcs of that regardless if I do well in all the other entry requirements, lnat test and personal statement for ucas or will I still stand a chance of being accepted?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I did achieve a 6 in both English lit and language, but not for math. My alevel subjects are politics, psychology and law, and I’m doing well in them currently since I am aware the entry requirements are A*AA. My main concern is once again GCSEs, will I be rejected solely bcs of that regardless if I do well in all the other entry requirements, lnat test and personal statement for ucas or will I still stand a chance of being accepted?
E-mail the admissions tutor(s).

Quick Reply

Latest