The Student Room Group

What do I do?

So I've chosen to do a Diploma in Business. What would be a recommended course to pursue my degree in after this?
Original post by spera
So I've chosen to do a Diploma in Business. What would be a recommended course to pursue my degree in after this?

The degree course you choose to do should be (a) one in which you're interested and/or (b) one which might be of benefit for any future career you have in mind.

Are you actually interested in Business? Do you have any particular career in mind?

Also, do you know who the awarding body is for your Diploma in Business? Is this a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Business? Or is it some other Diploma in Business? (The reason I ask is to ensure that it's appropriate as an entry qualification for a degree programme.)
Original post by spera

Hi there! 😀 Business is quite a broad subject which is beneficial as it means that you can explore many different avenues such as marketing, finance, economics, HR, project management, sustainability, etc. To establish which course to pursue a degree in you should start by thinking more closely about your specific interests and some potential career ideas - this will help to inform your choice. I studied Business as part of my A-levels and didn't know which specific sector I took preference to, hence I decided to do a Business Management degree in University so that I could leave my options open and learn more about each of the different sectors.

Lauren
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest