The Student Room Group

iGCSE equivalent matter? G5 top uni

I am an international A-Level student. Does my GCSE/IGCSE equivalent matters in UCAS / application ?
Original post by Jun0428
I am an international A-Level student. Does my GCSE/IGCSE equivalent matters in UCAS / application ?

UCAS make it clear here that, "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results."

(The term "secondary education" refers to education from about aged 11 onwards.)

Also, many courses at many UK universities will have specific GCSE/IGCSE grade requirements, particularly in Maths and English Language.

So yes, they matter. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
UCAS make it clear here that, "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results."
(The term "secondary education" refers to education from about aged 11 onwards.)
Also, many courses at many UK universities will have specific GCSE/IGCSE grade requirements, particularly in Maths and English Language.
So yes, they matter. :smile:

Ahh thank you. I think i should rephrase my question. What i meant is does it matter to the extent that it will give competitive edge? Eg i am applying for economics at LSE and Warwick, does having a 'terrible' or 'great' igcse result matter (requirement met). ?
Original post by Jun0428
Ahh thank you. I think i should rephrase my question. What i meant is does it matter to the extent that it will give competitive edge? Eg i am applying for economics at LSE and Warwick, does having a 'terrible' or 'great' igcse result matter (requirement met). ?

Yes, it does - as those courses are very oversubscribed.

Given two applicants with the same (or very similar predicted A level - or equivalent - grades), but one has "terrible" IGCSE results, whilst the other has "great" IGCSE results, to whom would you make an offer (assuming there are too many well-qualified applicants to make them both an offer)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending