The Student Room Group

Complaint against an ex-lecturer

Hello,

I have a problem and a complicated matter has become even more complicated. I have omitted most of the details and summarised the new element.

A significant part of my formal complaint is highly likely to be excluded (by the university) because it relates to a lecturer who has now left that particular institution. The consequences of their actions has seen me removed from my nursing degree. I say, it is irrelevant that they have left because when a tutor does anything with, or on behalf of, a student, they do so as a representative of the school. Therefore, if an allegation is made against that individual once they have left, it is the school that is accountable.

Am I right?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by CArose45
Hello,
I have a problem and a complicated matter has become even more complicated. I have omitted most of the details and summarised the new element.
A significant part of my formal complaint is highly likely to be excluded (by the university) because it relates to a lecturer who has now left that particular institution. The consequences of their actions has seen me removed from my nursing degree. I say, it is irrelevant that they have left because when a tutor does anything with, or on behalf of, a student, they do so as a representative of the school. Therefore, if an allegation is made against that individual once they have left, it is the school that is accountable.
Am I right?

From your brief details, yes.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
From your brief details, yes.

Thank you. 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending