The Student Room Group

Which would you say is harder?

Digital Art or Traditional Art?

Just curious. I have to say traditional myself. It requires lots of different materials and there is no stabilizer.
Reply 1
What on earth is a stabilizer 🤨 I personally love 'traditional' art, perfecting my equine sketches, paintings, clay models and even to an extent working with wood and bronze. Digital art does my head in
Original post by Fromple
Digital Art or Traditional Art?
Just curious. I have to say traditional myself. It requires lots of different materials and there is no stabilizer.

traditonal art 100%, i'm not an artist, no experience what so ever but its would presume its much harder to do work on a canvas where you can rarely undo mistakes or constantly trying to mix colours to get the perfect shade. I would say its quite harder bringing your equipment around as well as you need much more equipment
I havent seen many digital pieces of art that capture my attention as much as traditional art.
Reply 3
Original post by cherrycosmos
traditonal art 100%, i'm not an artist, no experience what so ever but its would presume its much harder to do work on a canvas where you can rarely undo mistakes or constantly trying to mix colours to get the perfect shade. I would say its quite harder bringing your equipment around as well as you need much more equipment
I havent seen many digital pieces of art that capture my attention as much as traditional art.

Tbh working on canvas is actually very forgiving, like if you do a drawing, you learn to draw light till its correct as its hard to undo mistakes- rubbers are for drawing and shading, not rubbing out! But on canvas, you can just paint straight back over if you dont like something. Sometimes ill spend a good few months occasionally adding to one painting but at other times ill be completely finished and happy in an afternoon. Once you get your head around how it has to look on canvas- no white, warm in front cold behind- its actually really fun experimenting
Reply 4
Original post by HBeetle
What on earth is a stabilizer 🤨 I personally love 'traditional' art, perfecting my equine sketches, paintings, clay models and even to an extent working with wood and bronze. Digital art does my head in

Stabilizer makes your lines extremely smooth by putting delay on your brush. I agree lol

Quick Reply

Latest