Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow Accomodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noro)
    just applied for murano large flats anyone else?
    Yep i've applied for the same can't wait to go!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh Mc D)
    Yep i've applied for the same can't wait to go!!
    cant wait either! glasgow is amazing what are you going to study?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Wolfson ?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishguy2K10)
    Anyone for Wolfson ?
    Yeah, I'm going to wolfson.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noro)
    cant wait either! glasgow is amazing what are you going to study?
    I know i love it!! class city! Human biology and you? Where are you from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh Mc D)
    I know i love it!! class city! Human biology and you? Where are you from?
    Im studying Physics and Astronomy. Im from Germany how about you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany a smith)
    Yeah, I'm going to wolfson.
    Woo Have you got a time to move in yet ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone know when will students be allowed to move into residences like the Cairncross House or the Student Apartments ?

I know the website says that I'll have to wait for the offers of accommodation which will include all details but that's not particularly helpful when there are airline tickets to book.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kostaz)
    Would anyone know when will students be allowed to move into residences like the Cairncross House or the Student Apartments ?

I know the website says that I'll have to wait for the offers of accommodation which will include all details but that's not particularly helpful when there are airline tickets to book.
    Freshers week is the 10th to the 14 of September, with you definitely being allowed to move in the weekend before. If it's really that urgent book for then, but you're probably able to get in at least a week earlier.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Freshers week is the 10th to the 14 of September, with you definitely being allowed to move in the weekend before. If it's really that urgent book for then, but you're probably able to get in at least a week earlier.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

My course starts on the 14th so if those dates are spot on then booking the right flight has become much less of an issue.

Since booking tickets later into September means better prices (I assume the Paralympics in London, which serves as a stop to Glasgow's airport, have something to do with that) which could I afford to miss a single day or two of of the Freshers?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the quick reply!

My course starts on the 14th so if those dates are spot on then booking the right flight has become much less of an issue.

Since booking tickets later into September means better prices (I assume the Paralympics in London, which serves as a stop to Glasgow's airport, have something to do with that) which could I afford to miss a single day or two of of the Freshers?
    You need to get yourself registered and get your student card etc, as well as probably having a few things to do for your course. But you could probably miss the first couple of days. What course is it?

Also, all I've checked is the Freshers week facebook page for those dates so it's not absolute gospel, although it's the same week it's been for the last five or so years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to get yourself registered and get your student card etc, as well as probably having a few things to do for your course. But you could probably miss the first couple of days. What course is it?
    Politics. I know the first week is going to be quite busy in terms of settling in and completing formal procedures but you'll be surprised by how the fares fluctuate during that specific week.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Politics. I know the first week is going to be quite busy in terms of settling in and completing formal procedures but you'll be surprised by how the fares fluctuate during that specific week.
    Well I've no idea if they take attendance or not, might be an idea to drop them an email and check what dates they want you to do things. The registration and stuff can be done all of freshers week and for a little while after so it's no big deal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I've no idea if they take attendance or not, might be an idea to drop them an email and check what dates they want you to do things. The registration and stuff can be done all of freshers week and for a little while after so it's no big deal.
    I don't expect them to take attendances but I'll definitely email the University before making any final decisions.

Since there's an off-chance that I'll get to Glasgow via Edinburgh and that flight
    arrives fairly late (20:00) would you expect being able to check-in even in such late hours as was the case in December (example 1, example 2) ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect them to take attendances but I'll definitely email the University before making any final decisions.

Since there's an off-chance that I'll get to Glasgow via Edinburgh and that flight
    arrives fairly late (20:00) would you expect being able to check-in even in such late hours as was the case in December (example 1, example 2) ?
    I wouldn't like to give you a definitive answer as I don't really know, but I think that it's unlikely to change as they know people are coming in from all over the place.

One thing you should check is if it's a Sunday night when your flight gets in the Edinburgh to Glasgow trains might stop quite early, or not be running as frequently as usual.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to give you a definitive answer as I don't really know, but I think that it's unlikely to change as they know people are coming in from all over the place.

One thing you should check is if it's a Sunday night when your flight gets in the Edinburgh to Glasgow trains might stop quite early, or not be running as frequently as usual.
    Yeah I'm still trying to figure out all the transits and which timetables will suit me after the landing. Thanks for your helpful posts. I'll try to give positive ratings to your posts as soon as the system allows me to.

Edit: Just read that the reputation I give is worth 0. Oh well..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noro)
    Im studying Physics and Astronomy. Im from Germany how about you?
    Nice I'm from Ireland. Ich spreche Deutsch!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, so many Germans! Hello there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lori1987)
    Jesus, so many Germans! Hello there
    So far its just me
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who has all applied for Murano Large Flats?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2014
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.