The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You could make some comment about being single on valentines day...she'lll probably say whether she is or not, then you will know that much. I'm not entirely sure about ruining your friendship...if you are close it probably won't make a difference, but if not then it is definitely a risk! Find out if she has a boyfriend before you start worrying abuot what to do next!
As was said, bring up "being single on Valentines day" to find out if she is. If she is, send a card. If she turns out not to be interested, you can say something like "Oh it didn't mean anything - I just sent it because we were talking about how crap it is not to get a card!"

Classic tactical retreat :biggrin:
Reply 3
Toy Soldier
As was said, bring up "being single on Valentines day" to find out if she is. If she is, send a card. If she turns out not to be interested, you can say something like "Oh it didn't mean anything - I just sent it because we were talking about how crap it is not to get a card!"

Classic tactical retreat :biggrin:

but then what can i put in the card to make it look like it does and doesnt mean something at the same time? :p:
Reply 4
you write 'from a secret admirer' but somehow include something that makes her know its off you. like a private joke, or something you tease her about, something only you would write, that makes it lighthearted but kinda romantic. Just see how she reacts to it...if she reacts well you can make it more obvious, if she takes it as 'just mates' then you will look as if you thought the same and can do what was mentioned above as a tactical retreat!
Reply 5
I think when i actually give it to her in person it might take the secret part out :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Just go

"So yeh, Valentines day. It sucks really doesn't it?"

And she'll either go "Yeh, totally" in which case you continue and ask "So what, you're not with anyone?"

Or she'll go "No" to the valentines day question and then talk about her boyfriend whom she loves, and you leave her alone in that department.

Ah, Valentines day. That time of year when it's easy to find out if people are single or not. :smile:
Oziris
but then what can i put in the card to make it look like it does and doesnt mean something at the same time? :p:

Umm... just put something that makes her think you're interested, and then if she isn't interested you can say... that she took it the wrong way... or you can say "f*ck off b*tch!!!" because we all know that being friends with someone you fancy but doesn't feel the same way is difficult and pointless and hurtful and annoying, and you're never going to get what you want so you might as well cut your losses and run away.

:hmpf:
Reply 8
Toy Soldier
Umm... just put something that makes her think you're interested, and then if she isn't interested you can say... that she took it the wrong way... or you can say "f*ck off b*tch!!!" because we all know that being friends with someone you fancy but doesn't feel the same way is difficult and pointless and hurtful and annoying, and you're never going to get what you want so you might as well cut your losses and run away.

:hmpf:

Any suggestions for words...im completely lost right now :p:
Oziris
Any suggestions for words...im completely lost right now :p:

Roses are red
[somethings] are green
Now you won't have to sit
On the washing machine!

...well that's lame.
Reply 10
Toy Soldier
Roses are red
[somethings] are green
Now you won't have to sit
On the washing machine!

...well that's lame.

Well yeah.. :p:

guess i might have to use my brain on this one :eek:
Reply 11
I found out she doesnt have a boyfriend :biggrin:

and also someone else from work said she likes me but i cant tell if he is joking or not :confused:
Reply 12
Oziris

and also someone else from work said she likes me but i cant tell if he is joking or not :confused:

Sounds as though you need to make a move!
Could try the 'I don't think I can face all the valentines couples in the club - how about going to a film with me?'
Reply 13
we are both working until 9pm on the 14th and she is coming out for my birthday thing on the 17th, so i will get her a card and see what happens :biggrin:
Reply 14
Oziris

Just talk about what a bummer it is to have no one to do anything fun with on Valentines day and then ask if she'd like to join you somewhere. cinema, dinner, anything social. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Oziris
we are both working until 9pm on the 14th and she is coming out for my birthday thing on the 17th, so i will get her a card and see what happens :biggrin:

Ooo...write a bunch in the card. It's always more appealing when you see that someone cares enough about you to sit down and write it out personally. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Oziris

Aw hell yeah, that's awesome man! Hope it all goes well and you have more luck that most of us.

I'm gonna be sending a card to someone, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a boyfriend. If she does...I'll run.
Reply 17
glance
Aw hell yeah, that's awesome man! Hope it all goes well and you have more luck that most of us.

I'm gonna be sending a card to someone, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a boyfriend. If she does...I'll run.

Damn im gonna have to rely on luck..hope that pulls through for once :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending