The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lynseyweth
Random question: Which hurt the most?

thats why hes gonna be a doctor, for future refrence when it comes to his next breakage :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 21

I remember having a conversation about this when i was 14/15. I was sitting in registration bragging about the fact i had never broken a bone in my body. Then we had double PE...You can see whats coming right? I hated PE at the best of times but it was softball which i could just about tolerate. My team was fielding and i was next to first base. A girl in my form hit it, it came towards me. Everyone groaned because i can't catch to save my life and they knew she'd get a home run.

Until i caught it. She was out! Everyone cheered. I was pleased and felt included. Then i felt the pain in my left little finger. I dropped the ball. Cue boos. hisses and people swearing at me. It swelled up (is that the right tense?) but my teacher didn't believe i had broken it so i was forced to bat with a broken finger. At lunchtime i went to the first aid room and the main in there didn't believe me either and strapped my fingers so tightly together that the pain was unbearable. When i got home my mum didn't believe me either and made me wait until the morning before begrudgingly taking me to A+E. The x-ray showed i had fractured my little finger across the growth plate, and it took about 6 weeks to heal.

The best bit of the story is that a few months later T4 were doing a phone in about school teachers. I phoned in with my story and won a pager!
Reply 22
Sarky

I remember having a conversation about this when i was 14/15. I was sitting in registration bragging about the fact i had never broken a bone in my body. Then we had double PE...You can see whats coming right? I hated PE at the best of times but it was softball which i could just about tolerate. My team was fielding and i was next to first base. A girl in my form hit it, it came towards me. Everyone groaned because i can't catch to save my life and they knew she'd get a home run.

Until i caught it. She was out! Everyone cheered. I was pleased and felt included. Then i felt the pain in my left little finger. I dropped the ball. Cue boos. hisses and people swearing at me. It swelled up (is that the right tense?) but my teacher didn't believe i had broken it so i was forced to bat with a broken finger. At lunchtime i went to the first aid room and the main in there didn't believe me either and strapped my fingers so tightly together that the pain was unbearable. When i got home my mum didn't believe me either and made me wait until the morning before begrudgingly taking me to A+E. The x-ray showed i had fractured my little finger across the growth plate, and it took about 6 weeks to heal.

The best bit of the story is that a few months later T4 were doing a phone in about school teachers. I phoned in with my story and won a pager!

That's the same as me. When we were at school we were all talking about what we had broken and I was saying well I have never broken a bone. Few weeks later i had the worst holiday ever cos I was stuck with a massive pot on my leg. Tempting fate that's what it is.
Reply 23
lynseyweth
That's the same as me. When we were at school we were all talking about what we had broken and I was saying well I have never broken a bone. Few weeks later i had the worst holiday ever cos I was stuck with a massive pot on my leg. Tempting fate that's what it is.

It is indeed.

I've never won the lottery...

Never know, it might work :p:
I broke my arm right next to the wrist when I was about 8, then succeeded in simply hurting myself every holiday (but not breaking anything) between then and 4 years ago, when I broke 2 bones in my foot. Since then I haven't seriously hurt myself, and after just going on a skiing holiday without hurting myself, which really was tempting fate (skiing is generally dangerous, and it's a holiday, I normally hurt myself on holiday) I think I'm out of the danger area of my life.
You watch me now I've said that, I'll go and fall down the stairs...
Reply 25
Ribs, dislocated shoulder and skull :eek:
Reply 26
Sarky

It is indeed.

I've never won the lottery...

Never know, it might work :p:

Lol, well let me know if you do, then I will try putting it on and saying it!
Have broken both my wrists, once was even at the same time which made doing anything very very difficult indeed. Also broke it so bad once that you could see the separation of bones underneath the skin, it was so bizzare.
Reply 28
lessthanthree
ghost?

okay. O.o

You called? :biggrin:
Reply 29
I haven't broken anything yet (touch wood), but my little sis has broken the same arm twice. Very excitable kid.
Wouldn't like to break anything, thanks. I would probably go into hyper-shock if I saw I could bend my arm three ways or my shin was parallel to my foot...
Reply 30
iv broken my right arm twice....
once when i was about 3ish, i fell down the stairs in adams whilst we were shopping and once when i was about 10, it was my friends birthday party and we were at little marcos and i fell off a big block thing onto a crash mat and broke my arm in 3 places! lolzzz.... quite funny now i think back! i think i landed in an awkward position or something!!! kind of defeats the purpose of the crash mat!!!
Reply 31
I've eroded the tips of my fingers down to nubs from 'touching wood' too often.

However, nothing has ever technically 'broken', so I guess there must be some method to my madness, after all.
Reply 32
i broke my wedding finger a few years ago, well actually my sister did it! we were play fighting and she bent my finger right back
Reply 33
I had my finger broken by my friend whislt playing hockey at school once (it wasnt done deliberately but my finger got trapped between the sticks) and then a week later i broke her finger by throwing a ball at her and she caught it wrong (again not deliberate)- i think that made us even!There is this picture of us at a party and both of us have our fingers taped together!
I have broken numerous fngers and toes playing sport, horseriding, being generall clumsy etc!

When i worked at a stables i was helping in a riding lesson and this little kid fell off a pony. As she fell she put her hand out to stop her fall. WE could hear the crack as she fell and were dreading what we would see. When we went over to the kid she was sat in the mud and her arm was literally bent in half the wrong way - it is theworst break i have ever seen. I can still remember sitting in wet mud with that kid for 45mins waiting for the ambulance trying to keep her talking about chocolate!
Reply 34
lessthanthree
OH, OH and I had a bone *squished* once.

My stepmum trapped my finger in her car door. totally flattened it.

Is she an evil stepmum? Like in snow white or cinderella?
I always used to boast that i'd never broken anything. then in the first term of year 7 I cracked my finger against some railings after P.E. - I haven't broken anything else since though, luckily!

Latest

Trending

Trending