The Student Room Group

Repeat final year

My daughter has 6 weeks to go in finial year of vet school. She has unfortunately broken her collar bone and the university were supposed to sorting out a revised final 6 weeks. They have just told her that she will have to retake her whole final year as they are saying she can’t move out of the way quickly, reach up to touch a horses face if needed and various other things, all of which she either can do or will be able to do. Where should I go to appeal this decision. Thanks for any help/advice.
Original post by aliabby
My daughter has 6 weeks to go in finial year of vet school. She has unfortunately broken her collar bone and the university were supposed to sorting out a revised final 6 weeks. They have just told her that she will have to retake her whole final year as they are saying she can’t move out of the way quickly, reach up to touch a horses face if needed and various other things, all of which she either can do or will be able to do. Where should I go to appeal this decision. Thanks for any help/advice.

Check the university's web site for their current Academic Regulations (and other regulations, really, as this isn't an academic issue). That should have details of any appeals processes available.

Have your daughter contact the Students' Union; they're normally very well-informed as to the internal processes required when things like this go wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Check the university's web site for their current Academic Regulations (and other regulations, really, as this isn't an academic issue). That should have details of any appeals processes available.

Have your daughter contact the Students' Union; they're normally very well-informed as to the internal processes required when things like this go wrong.

Thank you very much. Hadn’t thought of the student union.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending