The Student Room Group

Thailand and Spiders

Hey

I'm currently looking into a month in Thailand in july 2009. I was orginally looking at going with a tour company but have been told by loads of people to just be 'free' and wing it as Thailand is an easy place to get around? But how much pre planning do i need to do before i go?

ALSO I had a dream yesterday about staying in a hunt in north Thailand and waking up with a big spider on my face. Are spiders a big issue in Thailand? Its the one thing that puts me off australia. I know its sounds stupid but I really dont like them.

Thanks

Mini
Reply 1
i can't remember any big spider on my face in australia. not when i'm awake anyway.
thailand, imo sounds quite dangerous.. my mom had her 2 honeymoons in thailand and she heard fingers scratching the hotel window
Cockroaches and bats are the problem in Thailand. Spiders aren't an issue. Newts are everywhere, but are totally harmless.
Reply 3
I only saw one which was any bigger than at home. That was in a hut on Ko Jum. This is an island with no electricity or any infrastructure to speak of.. You should be fine. They are a rare sight.

Latest