The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG I JUST GOT CALLED UP BY CHRISTS AND I HAVE BEEN POOLED COS I GOT OVER 7 A*S AND OVER 90 %

i HAD SO GEARED MY SELF UP FOR DURHAM AS WELL... HMMMM DONT KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD OR BAD NEWS... ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME SITUATION????

XX
victoria13
OMG I JUST GOT CALLED UP BY CHRISTS AND I HAVE BEEN POOLED COS I GOT OVER 7 A*S AND OVER 90 %

i HAD SO GEARED MY SELF UP FOR DURHAM AS WELL... HMMMM DONT KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD OR BAD NEWS... ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME SITUATION????

XX

well done!:smile:thats brilliant
did they originally tell you you'd been rejected then, or had you just not heard and assumed you'd not got an offer?

xxx
writergirl
well done!:smile:thats brilliant
did they originally tell you you'd been rejected then, or had you just not heard and assumed you'd not got an offer?

xxx

thanks,

No i got a rejection letter on the second of january... and got a phone call at lunch and an email...

I feel bad for being a part of this thread now.... although give it a few days and i will be back here with my second rejection... :frown:... It makes it all worse.. cos i was over cambridge... lol :smile:
victoria13
thanks,

No i got a rejection letter on the second of january... and got a phone call at lunch and an email...

I feel bad for being a part of this thread now.... although give it a few days and i will be back here with my second rejection... :frown:... It makes it all worse.. cos i was over cambridge... lol :smile:

that is fantastic news, i am so happy for you!!
noooooo, have faith:smile: if theyve called you back then you obviously made an impression
GOOD LUCK

haha that's the thing, im COMPLETELY over Cambridge now.
oh well, all things happen for a reason

GOOD LUCK AGAIN
hope it goes ok:smile:

what subject you going for?
Reply 244
Eh, I thought the pooling meetings were over on the 3rd Jan anyway. Or so I read on that cambridge admissions handbook that went around.
writergirl
that is fantastic news, i am so happy for you!!
noooooo, have faith:smile: if theyve called you back then you obviously made an impression
GOOD LUCK

haha that's the thing, im COMPLETELY over Cambridge now.
oh well, all things happen for a reason

GOOD LUCK AGAIN
hope it goes ok:smile:

what subject you going for?

Natural Sciences Physical... Oh well... i dont expect much but i am pleased anyway.

xxx
Thought I'd show my face :smile: Gonville+Caius, English Lit reject
I do feel better after reading this thread - the thought of the RIDICULOUS amount of work which awaits the Cambridge students next year is comforting! I can't go on to any Caius threads though... I so loved that college :frown:
Well, Nottingham here I come :yep: I loved it when I visited, and was really excited when I got their offer, but you get so invlolved with interviews at Cambridge that I kind of forgot about my other unis...
Re-application is a vague possibility for me, I'm waiting to see my feedback.
Maddiekins
Thought I'd show my face :smile: Gonville+Caius, English Lit reject
I do feel better after reading this thread - the thought of the RIDICULOUS amount of work which awaits the Cambridge students next year is comforting! I can't go on to any Caius threads though... I so loved that college :frown:
Well, Nottingham here I come :yep: I loved it when I visited, and was really excited when I got their offer, but you get so invlolved with interviews at Cambridge that I kind of forgot about my other unis...
Re-application is a vague possibility for me, I'm waiting to see my feedback.

well done on enjoying the interview:smile:
i'm sure you will love nottingham completely, and excel there.
I can't help but notice alot of English Lit people are being rejected, makes you wonder who's actually filling the places??
but oh well:smile: When i get the feedback, if im really that bothered i'll just apply for a postgrad course after i finish at liverpool:smile:

i know what you mean about being involved though, i loved emmanuel and just felt 'right' there, but all things happen for a reason:smile:

best of luck with it all!
Reply 248
writergirl

I can't help but notice alot of English Lit people are being rejected, makes you wonder who's actually filling the places??
!

maybe they do some productive stuff instead of posting on TSR? :p: (should have thought of that!)
I'm posting here because I can't be arsed to wait for Jesus to get off its a** and post me my goddamn rejection letter already! I am jumping the pool before I have to go belly up. :smile:

Durham or Warwick, here I come! Hopefully.
kjc_us

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but there is another bright side to rejection - my parents feel awful for me and are spoiling me rotten! This is a rare occasion that I am absolutely making the most of! :biggrin:

My mother tried to spoil me so much today I had to actually stop her-probably linked to her stupid fears about me going and topping myself or something like that. :eyeball:
Oh my parents aren't like that at all but they know I wouldn't want them to. I hate it when they think they have to comfort me, if I need that I'll just go to them. Instead they're pushing me to find work/work out what to do for the next 9 months. And I'm looking at unis in Germany quite a lot.
My sister actually had an awesome idea but I don't think my parents like it that much. She said that we could live together in the city where she studies and I could work there (or do an internship) and at the same time get a little more independent and learn to cook etc (and I could keep an eye on her). We'll see..
Reply 252
frederizia
Oh my parents aren't like that at all but they know I wouldn't want them to. I hate it when they think they have to comfort me, if I need that I'll just go to them. Instead they're pushing me to find work/work out what to do for the next 9 months. And I'm looking at unis in Germany quite a lot.
My sister actually had an awesome idea but I don't think my parents like it that much. She said that we could live together in the city where she studies and I could work there (or do an internship) and at the same time get a little more independent and learn to cook etc (and I could keep an eye on her). We'll see..

What about your other universities? Durham & UCL are awesome!
kjc_us
What about your other universities? Durham & UCL are awesome!

I don't want to live in London, so that eliminates UCL, obviously.

I am considering Durham and I'm planning on going to their open day in March. It's just a question of whether I want to move to the UK for Durham or not :wink:. And I'm going to visit göttingen (where I'd most likely study in Germany as well) to see what it's like. Durham has a lot of pros but right now I have the feelin that I should stay in Germany. I really haven't decided yet, though.
johannski
maybe they do some productive stuff instead of posting on TSR? :p: (should have thought of that!)

yesss alright, i predicted someone would have said that. But you know what i mean.
Reply 255
My UCAS has changed for anyone who is interested =) Sydney Sussex for Mathematics:eyeball: :eyeball:
wow you just made me cream my pants, thanks for this usefull interesting thread :smile:
:unsure: Redacted: My edit is now totally redundant!

Latest

Trending

Trending