The Student Room Group
Reply 1
readyornot2
Hey,

I'm not enjoying my course and I want to change from theatre to history and I have the qualifications to do it but don't know how to go about it and what the likelihood of being allowed on is. Would I have to apply through Ucas again as it is in the same uni??

Any help would be appreciated!

Are you still in sixth form?

You can't apply through UCAS again this cycle. I'd email all the unis you have offers from and ask about switching to History. Otherwise, you may have better luck with Extra and/or Clearing. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
No I am in uni at the moment. :frown: love the uni not the course.
Reply 3
readyornot2
No I am in uni at the moment. :frown: love the uni not the course.

Speak to someone at the uni about whether you can switch to history next year, though you may have to start over in first year which can bring LEA-related funding issues. If studying History is more important than being at the uni, then you have until 15 Jan to make a UCAS application for History at various unis (you can still apply after the 15th, just that unis are no longer obligated to give you equal consideration to those who applied before)
Reply 4
What type of funding issues?
Reply 5
i think u shud be ok?

i mean, if you're at the uni.
Reply 6
Reply 7
readyornot2
What type of funding issues?

I'm not British so can't answer this comprehensively, but AFAIK the LEA pays for your fees (the actual cost - what internationals pay - is over 10K) for a degree, so if you switched courses and ended up having to do another year the LEA may or may not fund that additional year - check with your LEA to be sure that you won't have to pay the full fee for the final year of your degree (if you start over)

Latest

Trending

Trending