The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Good Lord no.
Maybe in one of the cities like cork if I was moving for work, but i couldn't stand more than a week in the rural areas.
Reply 62
senigma90
Yessss, so I could be like one of those merry drinkers in the magners adverts at night :o: and then be all "Top o'th'mornin' to ya" in the morning. Life would be good.

Stay in Britain.
not in a million years
Reply 64
Only for like a revenge mission or something. *Googles list of shopping centres in Dublin*
Reply 65
I'm 1/2 Irish, and would love to live there [at least for awhile]
Reply 66
I would love to live there.
Best place to meet a nice Irish man :smile: yum
Reply 67
I would do it tomorrow if I could. When my Grandad died about 15 years ago he left me about 20 acres and an old style house which was in a pretty bad state. Its about 20mins from Derry but is out in the sticks and the nearest neighbour is a mile away and the small town of Buncrana is 10min car ride.

Have basic planning permission to build in one of the fields which took 9 months to gain as its a big property (6 bed) plus it was previously used for agricultural purposes. Don't panic its not showing off. Being from a rather large Irish family they are all in the building trade so coupled with not having to pay for the land its far cheaper to build than buy a house here in the UK as a house comfortable enough for 4 kids would cost a fortune and I couldn't afford to do so.

I can't wait till I am out in the sticks. I like people but value my own space and having lived in North london the hustle and bustle can be quite irritating plus its easier to vet future boyfriends for my little girls when they are older.:wink:
Reply 68
I went on my first visit to Ireland over the Christmas holidays. I loved it, as somewhere new. I reckon I could stay in one of the cities/large towns like Galway or Castlebar but we were staying in a tiny village in Roscommon and there's no way I could get used to the rural isolation.

But I agree about the people, everyone we met was amazing, so friendly.
I've lived here my entire life (always in the southside of Dublin - Rathfarnham, Clondalkin, Lucan and Tallaght), and I can't wait to get out of here. I'm really, really sick of it at this stage.
Reply 70
sebas_back
Only for like a revenge mission or something. *Googles list of shopping centres in Dublin*

Revenge? Your lot had already tried to destroy the Irish culture and people for several centuries you silly little ****. Just be thankful we never got our proper revenge.
Roobagnall
Also a hell of a lot of IRA supporters in and around Armargh so all good ey?

That doesn't mean they aren't nice people, im not trying to defend terrorism or anything, but it doesn't mean they punch babies cos they are IRA supporters
Reply 72
Rizzletastic
That doesn't mean they aren't nice people, im not trying to defend terrorism or anything, but it doesn't mean they punch babies cos they are IRA supporters

Exactly. There's a hell of a lot of UVF supporters in parts of Belfast, yet you didn't mention that.
There's a hell of a lot of British Army supporters in Britain, does this make it a bad place to live?
Nope, never
Reply 74
I love this country, but i have no plan to emigrate there.
It may be hard to emigrate to this country.
That picture looks gorgeous though. I really want to visit Ireland one day, not sure if i'd want to move away though. I really like Scotland.
sebas_back

So in order to get back for a crazy few commiting horrible acts against the public in Britain (Which btw was in response for centuries of abuse towards Ireland by UK) you would commit horrible acts against the Irish public?
Reply 78
Like a shot!. Particularly rural Southern Ireland as thats where my Great grandparents were from. I have visited and loved the place, almost cried when the plane took off from Dublin airport as I really didnt want to come home!!:frown:.
Reply 79
No. not really that attracted to Ireland.

Latest

Trending

Trending