The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
TOSCS
Revenge? Your lot had already tried to destroy the Irish culture and people for several centuries you silly little ****. Just be thankful we never got our proper revenge.

Was a joke, I had hoped that would be rather obvious.
Reply 81
sebas_back
Was a joke, I had hoped that would be rather obvious.

If I was from Manchester I wouldn't be making jokes about it.
No, not because I do not like it, there are other countries I prefer to move to. Canada is my favourite country to move to. The arctic north is very scenic, plus I speak a little Inuktitut.
Reply 83
TOSCS
If I was from Manchester I wouldn't be making jokes about it.

Well, I rather think that entitles me to a cheeky dig. What about this Irish warmth/sense of humour? Seems everyone I meet from there these days is a ******* war hero.
Reply 84
sebas_back
Well, I rather think that entitles me to a cheeky dig. What about this Irish warmth/sense of humour? Seems everyone I meet from there these days is a ******* war hero.

I don't think you'll find it extends to people saying talking about blowing up our capital city.
Personally I wouldn't. I've been to Dublin once before and I don't remember either loving or hating it. If I was to emigrate anywhere it would have to be the USA.
Reply 86
TOSCS
I don't think you'll find it extends to people saying talking about blowing up our capital city.

Give over! I take it back then, but for God's sake (or is that not allowed either?)
Reply 87
That's fine mate, just saying. I wouldn't go into a thread about Britain and say "yeah, I might come over and seize control of your ports, shipping out food while leaving your people to starve to death in their millions".
Reply 88
No. I don't speak enough Polish.
Reply 89
Howard
No. I don't speak enough Polish.

Surprising, given your avatar:rolleyes:
Reply 90
TOSCS
Surprising, given your avatar:rolleyes:

Your avatar is very small (probably like your brain) but seems to be of two terrorists holding hands above the words "Struggle" so I don't need a lecture from you on choice of avatars. And do me a favor and brush your teeth pal.
I have family in Ireland and I visit there sometimes. Been to Dublin and some other places. It's a nice country. Probably wont move there as I'm used to it here but i'd consider it i was gonna leave the country.
Certainly. Dublin (I realise that there is obviously more to Ireland than one city, but it's the only place in the country that I've been for any extended period of time, plus my favourite living environments are big, lively cities) is a fantastic place, and I'd very much like to live there. Still second to inner-city London or NYC, though.
No. Never. I've had some bad experiences there.
Reply 94
Yes, to answer the question seriously. But not Dublin - too expensive and too crowded. Cork perhaps.
oui, defferzzz. i'm an irish citiezen with an irish passport(i don't have the accent so people don't realise, and my friends were asking why i had the guinness logo on my passport...) spent my early childhood living there, and up until starting college i went back a lot to dublin and i do love it. if i get into trinity, i can't see myself ever going back to england after graduating.
i don't agree with people saying it's loads safer, because dublin has some really **** bits like every city does. and the cities are reeeeally expensive, urg, anywhere with a dublin code is extortionate!
dublins a good city when you're young, i couldn't be doing with any little places like wicklow or what not!

their cadburys is better though(tiffin!), so is their guinness :p: ironically, their cadburys is made in birmingham, but the birmingham cadburys is often made there!
silverbolt
personally i think dublins a hole, every time ive gone into the place ive thought its just an ugly city.

I spent ten years in roscommon (in the west) did my schoolin there and everything there. Move to the UK when i was 20 and have never looked back, rural irelands great for a oliday and catching up with my old friends but i wouldnt move back there at all

Where in Roscommon were you? I'm from Roscommon... probably why I left lol
Reply 97
Yes, but it's highly unlikely that I'd actually make the move.
Reply 98
Yep :smile:
mainly because all the Irish people I know/have come across have been absolutely lovely :yep:
Reply 99
Moved over when I was 16, Never looked back, I started in Mayo which is fairly laid back, then moved to Galway for college. I love Galway, Beautiful City even with all the negatives! should be moving back up there soon hopefully.

Latest

Trending

Trending