The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you`dont like Chemistry it wouldnt be the best idea to do Chemical...Yes it is not all chemistry or something but there is still enough of chemistry (which I hate, too). Chemical engineers generally get up to 5k pa (maybe up to 10 in some cases like Petroleum engineers) more then other engineers (which is not that much at senior level) but the tricky part is that their work sometimes can expose you to bad job environment (say Petrolium industry where wages can get higher in general....but conditions are worse than say in Civil/Aero/Auto...). I wouldnt go for the sake of the wage. choose the degree you actually WANT to study or do general engineering if you have no idea because thats a good idea for ppl who dont know what they exactly want. If you decide that you like it then go for it but wage shouldnt be THE factor (everybody else says that on this forum and thats the best advice you can get from me :biggrin: )
this is a very good site for job describtions, pay, condition, etc take a look and decide where will you fit best.
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Explore_types_of_jobs/Types_of_Job/p!eipaL?secno=U0&state=showsec

And yeah engineering is cool! do it!
Reply 2
don't choose a degree for the money, do what you enjoy, at least to an extent

Latest