The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Find me a hall

I had my application form today for Cardiff Halls!

I want a hall which has the internet, self-cartard (sorry my spelling) with a high possiblity of getting a parking space and perfablly a ensuite.

Also, I was supposed to spend my summer holidays in my halls because my parents told me if I leave home I leave for good but unless your post-grad that option isn't advailble which bites.
Reply 1
I got my application form for the halls today as well, if i choose Cardiff as my first choice Im gonna go for Talybont South cos it has everything I want. The one in the form that looks like it caters for everything u want is Senghennyd court.
Or why not Talybont North cos it will be right where all the good facilities are? And it has some parking spaces too!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Senghennyd Court isn't en suite.

I'd say go for Talybont north. Self-catered, en suit, with parking spaces
Reply 3
You can stay in halls over the summer!! Have you got your Cardiff accomo brochure?? it says in there. I think you have to move to one of the talybont halls though. my dad rang up to check, cos my parents are buggering off to canada and I might have to stay in uni all summer too. if you are unsure ring up the accomo office though, theyre really nice!
if you look on the table thing it says its only open to PG (postgraduate)

I have made a short list up and it looks like either Talybont North or Uni Hall (it does have a bus service). However, if I gave up the luxary of a en-suite and chose a shared bathroom, I'd have more choice and it would be cheaper.

The reason I have to take my car is that I'll be expected to take my grandparents shopping to hospital appointments, where possible.
After looking through the booklet, I have 4 options

Aberconway Hall is 2 streets away from the music dept. It has some parking and the interent but I would have to share a bathroom.

Cartwright Court is 10/15 away and has parking and internet but shared bathroom.

Talybont North is about 10/15 away. It has a parking space and en-suite but has no internet unless your PG.

Finally, University Hall. It is the furthest away but it has a free bus service running to and from uni campus, it has the most parking spaces which is half the price of the other halls. Although it has the internet it is only in certain rooms.
Reply 6
I don't go to cardiff uni but live there during the vacations- live just round the corner from uni hall.

The uni hall bus service always seems VERY busy- I wouldn't rely upon it really. However, the # 52 bus runs past uni hall (down ty gwyn road) and doesn't take long to get into town. Only other point really is that uni hall is up a bitch of a hill- its ok after a while of walking up and down it but its hell to start with. Also a taxi back from town to uni hall would be about £6-7 or so, so not too bad really.
Ynox
I don't go to cardiff uni but live there during the vacations- live just round the corner from uni hall.

The uni hall bus service always seems VERY busy- I wouldn't rely upon it really. However, the # 52 bus runs past uni hall (down ty gwyn road) and doesn't take long to get into town. Only other point really is that uni hall is up a bitch of a hill- its ok after a while of walking up and down it but its hell to start with. Also a taxi back from town to uni hall would be about £6-7 or so, so not too bad really.

believe me when I say I don't care if the bus is busy because the bus going from my house to town reminds me of those Japanise trains where people are literality push people in enough to close the doors. I can handle busy.

Latest

Trending

Trending