The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
LozengeC
Well it's not medicine, so not exactly, but it has a lot lower entry requirements and will be good for graduate entry if I end up going down that route. And I really do love Nottingham University. :biggrin:

And wouldn't there be some kind of hygiene routine before going to lectures? Or are you forgoing that at university? Going in your pyjamas etc. :biggrin:

x

Well at least it eases the pressure to get the grades. Yeah Notts is a good uni. It feels great just strolling around.

Well if you include brushing ones teeth, then, yes. But nothing more, I'd rather have an extra 10 mins in bed than in the shower lol :biggrin:
Never, I would never go in my PJ's, how could you suggest such an act :eek:
I've heard people do do it at Notts though :eek3:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 181
thetopnotch
I think you'll find that you become well acquainted with the 'rolling out of bed to getting ready in 5 minutes' process at uni...I did even though i live a few minutes away from lectures:tongue:

I can get ready in 5 minutes if necessary, but he made it sound like he'd get up, and leave his room instantly to go to lectures. Hehe. :biggrin:

vinsta
Well at least it eases the pressure to get the grades. Yeah Notts is a good uni. It feels great just strolling around.

Well if you include brushing ones teeth, then, yes. But nothing more, I'd rather have an extra 10 mins in bed than in the shower lol :biggrin:

Yeah, I hate having unclean teeth, and unbrushed hair etc. :p: :smile: And shower in the evening, you know it makes sense. :laugh: And not would I, and I've never seen anyone do that, though it obviously could happen, I've heard the majority of people do it at American colleges=tramps. :laugh:

Thought about any societies you might like to join?

x
Reply 182
vinsta

Those will be the "Rahs"..
Reply 183
LozengeC
I can get ready in 5 minutes if necessary, but he made it sound like he'd get up, and leave his room instantly to go to lectures. Hehe. :biggrin:

Yeah, I hate having unclean teeth, and unbrushed hair etc. :p: :smile: And shower in the evening, you know it makes sense. :laugh: And not would I, and I've never seen anyone do that, though it obviously could happen, I've heard the majority of people do it at American colleges=tramps. :laugh:

Thought about any societies you might like to join?

x

I exaggerated slightly when I said I'd roll out of bed into lectures :wink:
Yeah, I hate having unclean teeth, plus I can't eat breakfast without brushing my teeth.
Showers in the evening FTW :biggrin:
I don't understand how people can walk around in their PJ's outside of their room, crazy, crazy people. I think we can safely conclude Americans are not of this world (except for the ones on TSR, you guys are cool, so long as you don't go to lectures in your PJ's)
Yeah I definitely want to join the Economics society and maybe the debating society :o:
How about you?
Reply 184
geoff_yin
Those will be the "Rahs"..

What, this actually happens?
:eek3:
Reply 185
People going to lectures in PJ's is pretty normal, it's apparently "cool". Hopefully this fashion trend will subside soon, along with Ugg boots.
vinsta

They aren't wearing Spiderman PJs:tongue:
Reply 187
thetopnotch
They aren't wearing Spiderman PJs:tongue:

But still, I wouldn't wear regular PJ's to lectures. Don't these people have any shame lol.
LH123
Hmm, I did mine LAST saturday, as in not yesterday but the week before.

I put large single study as first choice, normal single study as second choice and then some catered accommodation as 3rd (Lincoln, I think).

You?

Haha! I applied on the exact same day as you and to the exact same places! :p:

I think you deserve my almost neutral rep for that :wink:
Reply 189
vinsta

They will normally wear pyjama bottoms, with UGG boots as well, with a hoody type thing on the top. :sadnod:

Barny
People going to lectures in PJ's is pretty normal, it's apparently "cool". Hopefully this fashion trend will subside soon, along with Ugg boots.

:yep: Can't stand UGG boots as well. EVERY female student has a pair... I've seen guys wearing them too.. :no:
Reply 190
geoff_yin
They will normally wear pyjama bottoms, with UGG boots as well, with a hoody type thing on the top. :sadnod:

:yep: Can't stand UGG boots as well. EVERY female student has a pair... I've seen guys wearing them too.. :no:

As long as they're mildly attractive, perhaps it's not so bad :biggrin:
Reply 191
thetopnotch
I think you'll find that you become well acquainted with the 'rolling out of bed to getting ready in 5 minutes' process at uni...I did even though i live a few minutes away from lectures:tongue:

Yup. The usual process for 9am lectures is wake up at 5 to 9, throw nearest clothes on and stagger down to lecture. Invariably sleep through the lecture and learn nothing. Stagger back to Hu Stu, climb back into bed and wake up just in time for lunch.

Good times.

geoff_yin
They will normally wear pyjama bottoms, with UGG boots as well, with a hoody type thing on the top.

Specifically a 'LEAVERS 08' hoody. :P (From some school with a 'Sir' or 'King XX' in its name. :biggrin: )
Reply 192
x_LiNk_x
Haha! I applied on the exact same day as you and to the exact same places! :p:

I think you deserve my almost neutral rep for that :wink:

:five:

What did you finally end up with?
Reply 193
vinsta
I exaggerated slightly when I said I'd roll out of bed into lectures :wink:
Yeah, I hate having unclean teeth, plus I can't eat breakfast without brushing my teeth.
Showers in the evening FTW :biggrin:
I don't understand how people can walk around in their PJ's outside of their room, crazy, crazy people. I think we can safely conclude Americans are not of this world (except for the ones on TSR, you guys are cool, so long as you don't go to lectures in your PJ's)
Yeah I definitely want to join the Economics society and maybe the debating society :o:
How about you?

Cool, and probably Med Sin, or the LINKS first aid thing, they look really interesting. I can't decide whether to join Rock Soc or not, and Hide and Soc looks funny. I think I'll get more of a feel at the freshers fair (this all presuming I get in :p:), but I really want to try something different too. :biggrin:

And I see someone mentioned Spider Man pyjamas, I think I'd be impressed by those. :laugh: And are you sure those Rah's aren't just wearing trackie bottoms, that most people would wear as pyjamas? :p: :smile:
LozengeC
Cool, and probably Med Sin, or the LINKS first aid thing, they look really interesting. I can't decide whether to join Rock Soc or not, and Hide and Soc looks funny. I think I'll get more of a feel at the freshers fair (this all presuming I get in ), but I really want to try something different too. :biggrin:

And I see someone mentioned Spider Man pyjamas, I think I'd be impressed by those. And are you sure those Rah's aren't just wearing trackie bottoms, that most people would wear as pyjamas? :smile:

honestly they are trackie bottoms, I wouldn't have really thought of them as PJs, just trackie bottoms to wear out and about:erm: Sometimes you do see people wearing obvious PJs though...it doesn't really matter either way imo:tongue:

And spiderman PJs would be awesome:yep:
Reply 195
thetopnotch
honestly they are trackie bottoms, I wouldn't have really thought of them as PJs, just trackie bottoms to wear out and about:erm: Sometimes you do see people wearing obvious PJs though...it doesn't really matter either way imo:tongue:

And spiderman PJs would be awesome:yep:

Yeah, but nowhere near as cool as Batman ones though, or Harley Quinn ones. :love:

x
Reply 196
LozengeC
Cool, and probably Med Sin, or the LINKS first aid thing, they look really interesting. I can't decide whether to join Rock Soc or not, and Hide and Soc looks funny. I think I'll get more of a feel at the freshers fair (this all presuming I get in :p:), but I really want to try something different too. :biggrin:

And I see someone mentioned Spider Man pyjamas, I think I'd be impressed by those. :laugh: And are you sure those Rah's aren't just wearing trackie bottoms, that most people would wear as pyjamas? :p: :smile:

Good choices. I'm apprehensive about joining specific music genre societies; I don't want to be around the same type of people if you know what I mean. I'd rather meet a range of people with a wide variety of interests.
I'm sure you will get in, and here's hoping I do aswell :p:
Yeah, Batman PJ's would be the shi.. stuff :biggrin:
Reply 197
vinsta
Good choices. I'm apprehensive about joining specific music genre societies; I don't want to be around the same type of people if you know what I mean. I'd rather meet a range of people with a wide variety of interests.
I'm sure you will get in, and here's hoping I do aswell :p:
Yeah, Batman PJ's would be the shi.. stuff :biggrin:

Yeah, that's what's making me hesitant, plus I'm not just into that genre. :p:

And why don't they make kids clothes/costumes for adults? :frown: Hehe.

I'm sure you'll get in! So have you been to Nottingham much before?

x
Reply 198
If you're anything like me you'l go round Freshers Fair and sign up to half a dozen societies, pay the joining fee for them all and then never bother turning up to any of them :P
Reply 199
jhs08
If you're anything like me you'l go round Freshers Fair and sign up to half a dozen societies, pay the joining fee for them all and then never bother turning up to any of them :P

Which ones did you sign up for?

x

Latest

Trending

Trending