The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

LozengeC
Well on the summer school obviously I didn't have that much stuff, but there should be enough room for everything, especially if you keep stuff under the bed. And the desk is a normal size, so I'm not sure if you could fit the tv, laptop, and work on all at once, but you have a bedside cabinet you could put the tv on instead though. :smile:

x

Alright, well thanks for your help anyway!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi everybody.
Firm accepted as PG for Civil Engineering ! England invasion is coming !
I really wish all my friends would stop going on about the crime rate - it's really starting to make me anxious.
Reply 383
veggie4life
I really wish all my friends would stop going on about the crime rate - it's really starting to make me anxious.

It's really not that bad, the crime rate's increased by areas such as St. Annes, which are nowhere near the student areas, or the city centre. :biggrin:
Reply 384
veggie4life

We live in London, which to a lot of people is viewed as the gang-infested, gun city of England. Whereas we know that it's only a few renowned areas, that if you don't go into, you'll be fine.

I think Nottingham's exactly like that. Besides, most of the time's spent on campus or in the city centre, which is pretty much dominated by students anyway!
Reply 385
Sam o0o
We live in London, which to a lot of people is viewed as the gang-infested, gun city of England. Whereas we know that it's only a few renowned areas, that if you don't go into, you'll be fine.

I think Nottingham's exactly like that. Besides, most of the time's spent on campus or in the city centre, which is pretty much dominated by students anyway!

My thoughts exactly.

I live in a pretty rough part of London and unfortunately I've lost more than a few of my classmates due to gun/knife crime but it's not like people are turning down offers from the top London unis because of a few bad areas and I would never encourage them to- London is for the most part great!

So I can't see how living in Nottingham can be any worse than where I am, tbh... I wish people wouldn't get distracted by a few rough spots in the city and just remember that Nottingham is an excellent university with a fantastic campus in a cool, diverse city.
Reply 386
I still haven't sent my photo ID or done my residence form, am i going to die?
Reply 387
I haven't sent the photo either. :colondollar:
I have sent it and I also have my accomodation for next year !! :tongue:
oh i havent sent that flaming picture yet.
veggie4life
oh i havent sent that flaming picture yet.

sorry,what picture?! am i meant to send one in?!
Reply 391
stevieeee!
sorry,what picture?! am i meant to send one in?!

We were sent an email telling us to send a passport photo [digitally] of ourselves ASAP. I got mine a very long while ago. Check your Junk mail, perhaps it's hiding away in there.

-

The photo thing totally slipped my mind. If it doesn't have to be like a traditional passport photo then perhaps I'll just resize an existing photo of mine. If it does, then I'll have to stop being so lazy. =[
Kammy-
We were sent an email telling us to send a passport photo [digitally] of ourselves ASAP. I got mine a very long while ago. Check your Junk mail, perhaps it's hiding away in there.

-

The photo thing totally slipped my mind. If it doesn't have to be like a traditional passport photo then perhaps I'll just resize an existing photo of mine. If it does, then I'll have to stop being so lazy. =[

Mine was a passport photo, but if it's a good photo then you should be fine. Read this thread => http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19933763&highlight=photo#post19933763

I think that the photo needs to be clear and show your face without anything cover it, like sunglasses etc. It's used for your Uni card which you show in examinations so they can identify you :yep:
Reply 393
thetopnotch
Mine was a passport photo, but if it's a good photo then you should be fine. Read this thread => http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19933763&highlight=photo#post19933763

I think that the photo needs to be clear and show your face without anything cover it, like sunglasses etc. It's used for your Uni card which you show in examinations so they can identify you :yep:

Thanks for the link =]

Ah, I guess I'll just take a new picture of myself. Passport photos tend to require neutral facial expressions, face-on, hair completely away from the face etc. My idea of a photographic nightmare. =O

I'll do it tomorrow when I [hopefully] won't look half-dead due to lack of sleep. hehe.

-

By the way, do you know if the people that work at the university [professors, heads of schools etc.] are still there or have they skipped away for the summer?
Not sure if anyone here can help me, but can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm starting english at nottingham in september but have no idea where to find the books on the reading list :frown:
Anyone in the same position?
Reply 395
petitepiaf
Not sure if anyone here can help me, but can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm starting english at nottingham in september but have no idea where to find the books on the reading list :frown:

Have you tried Amazon? Or if you get the reference number of the books your coluld order them in at places like Watertones. :smile: Also check whether any of the second years are likely to sell them in September as they might be cheaper then. :biggrin:
Kammy-
Thanks for the link =]

Ah, I guess I'll just take a new picture of myself. Passport photos tend to require neutral facial expressions, face-on, hair completely away from the face etc. My idea of a photographic nightmare. =O

I'll do it tomorrow when I [hopefully] won't look half-dead due to lack of sleep. hehe.

-

By the way, do you know if the people that work at the university [professors, heads of schools etc.] are still there or have they skipped away for the summer?

hmmm I'm entirely sure actually:unsure: You could try ringing the office of the department where the professor works, they'll definitely have more information on it :smile:
petitepiaf

LozengeC
Have you tried Amazon? Or if you get the reference number of the books your coluld order them in at places like Watertones. Also check whether any of the second years are likely to sell them in September as they might be cheaper then.

Definitely check your noticeboard, I know that in the Economics department the books are stuck up on the board at a pretty good price compared to Amazon. It's sometimes cheaper buying from 2nd years since there's no postage to pay either :smile:
Reply 398
thetopnotch
hmmm I'm entirely sure actually:unsure: You could try ringing the office of the department where the professor works, they'll definitely have more information on it :smile:

Thanks. Will do. =]
I want to get hold of the reading list [I'm being very hopeful that I actually have the grades] so that I can start buying then early + have something with which to fill my boring summer.
thetopnotch
Definitely check your noticeboard, I know that in the Economics department the books are stuck up on the board at a pretty good price compared to Amazon. It's sometimes cheaper buying from 2nd years since there's no postage to pay either :smile:

Good idea! Thanks :smile:
Although will it matter that I haven't done all the reading before I get there?

Latest

Trending

Trending