The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

mwarne_1
Florence Boot and Lenton, and final choice at Broadgate Park? Does that make a difference when i'll hear by? Thanks :smile:

Nice choice :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
frank070691
Nice choice :biggrin:

*Points to your avatar* another nice choice. :biggrin: :love:

x
Reply 82
Haha, cheers guys. Frank is Florence Boot as nice place to stay for a year - in terms of cleanliness, fun etc?
And i'm studying Law hopefully, if i get AAA. Which at the moment, is looking doubtable, as Chemistry is so bloody hard. :frown:
mwarne_1
Haha, cheers guys. Frank is Florence Boot as nice place to stay for a year - in terms of cleanliness, fun etc?
And i'm studying Law hopefully, if i get AAA. Which at the moment, is looking doubtable, as Chemistry is so bloody hard. :frown:

I couldn't recommend FB highly enough, it's one of the smaller halls (but not too small) and it's all one building so no having to go outside to get to a dining hall. The other advantage of not being in blocks is that you get to know a better range of people- I'm friends with people living all over the hall, not just my corridor! The bathrooms and corridors are cleaned every weekday so it never gets too bad and your room is cleaned once every two weeks.

For what it's worth I also think it's one of the nicest looking halls and in a great location (after Cripps and HuStu it's probably the closest to the SU and Trent Building etc) and it's right near the West entrance so convenient for buses and for going into Beeston.

In terms of fun, it's what you make of it! There are always opportunites for going out, the Karni reps sell tickets for all the main student nights and the JCR organises events for the whole hall.

Sorry that was quite long- but I hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 84
That's brilliant thanks very much, i was unsure about it to be honest because of it's size. But that has definitely reassured me! Thanks bud. :smile:
I've applied for FB! *hoping my application was not too late...*
Reply 86
Chemistry firmed
Awaiting confirmation for Broadgate park
:tongue:
Reply 87
Mr Snips
Chemistry firmed
Awaiting confirmation for Broadgate park
:tongue:

They are taking ******* ages with mine. :mad:
Reply 88
LH123
They are taking ******* ages with mine. :mad:

How long've you been waiting? Did mine Thursday...

What type of room(s) you go for?
Reply 89
Mr Snips
How long've you been waiting? Did mine Thursday...

What type of room(s) you go for?

Hmm, I did mine LAST saturday, as in not yesterday but the week before.

I put large single study as first choice, normal single study as second choice and then some catered accommodation as 3rd (Lincoln, I think).

You?
Reply 90
LH123

I put large single study as first choice, normal single study as second choice and then some catered accommodation as 3rd (Lincoln, I think).

You?

Normal single study as first, then large as second. Were the 'enhanced' single study flats also fully booked when you applied?
Reply 91
Mr Snips
Normal single study as first, then large as second. Were the 'enhanced' single study flats also fully booked when you applied?

Yeah they were, sadly. Otherwise I would have gone for that. :sad:
Reply 92
LH123

You?

Maybe that's why you're having to wait so long. :frown: And I put there as my first choice. :biggrin:
Reply 93
Hopefully I'll get some accomodation e-mail soon, just so I can finally know what I am doing! Applied for HS, Cripps and then BP as third choice wayy back on the 8th of Feb :smile:

Anyone firmed or applying for law give me a shout :smile:
Reply 94
Mokert23
Hopefully I'll get some accomodation e-mail soon, just so I can finally know what I am doing! Applied for HS, Cripps and then BP as third choice wayy back on the 8th of Feb :smile:

Shoutsss.
Applied for Cripps too and haven't heard. Can't even remember the other ones I put down so I've kinda screwed myself over if it's fully booked already, even though I did apply aaaaaages ago.
Reply 95
Mokert23

Firmed Law too! But applied for Florence Boot - guess it was you people that filled up HS and Cripps before i had a chance to apply! Cheers for that :p: Haha. Joking! When will Fresher's Week be, cos the course date says it will start on the 21st September!? :smile:
Reply 96
mwarne_1
Firmed Law too! But applied for Florence Boot - guess it was you people that filled up HS and Cripps before i had a chance to apply! Cheers for that :p: Haha. Joking! When will Fresher's Week be, cos the course date says it will start on the 21st September!? :smile:

Gap year so got in there very early :smile: I used to board so the halls/rooms don't really bother me. I walk most places and everywhere is going to be social so its all good - can se some people thinking it will be the end of the word though :smile:. Regret applying to Broadgate as backup though as I'm up for self-catered but I'm sure that feeling will slowly sink when I have to cook/clean up everyday haha, but hopefully won't need to.

Haven't even thought about freshers yet - need to sort out my Uni finance ASAP but been locked out by the system - argh! Can't wait though!
mwarne_1

freshers week is the 1st week of term, starting on the monday...you move in on Sunday :smile:
Reply 98
All you Law students lol! I'm an Architect but I've got Cripps and HS as my 1st and 2nd so chances are I'll be seeing you around but I've got Lincoln as back-up and I'm really starting to like the sound of it... kinda hoping that I get Lincoln now...
Reply 99
Just got my offer of accommodation. :excited:

Latest

Trending

Trending