The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Clearly the best TV show is Monk.

MB
NO!!!

Oz,

Followed by 24 and House, but at a distant joint second.
Reply 782
IlexAquifolium

I'm on a real South Park bender at the moment, though.

OK i will forgive your previous badmouthing of Buffy.

Buffy and Spike did get it on at one point. One of the recurring things in the Angel series is that Spike and Angel are still both in love with Buffy, which results in MUCH hilarity!

I LOVE South Park. That also got me through my finals :suith:

I can't decide if my fave episode is 'Awesom-O' or the Special Olympics/Jimmy taking steroids one orrr 'Kenny Dies' (where Cartman wants to sell the aborted foetuses).
So good.
Becca

I LOVE South Park. That also got me through my finals :suith:

I can't decide if my fave episode is 'Awesom-O' or the Special Olympics/Jimmy taking steroids one orrr 'Kenny Dies' (where Cartman wants to sell the aborted foetuses).
So good.

Me too :love: probably my favourite TV show ever. I was watching 'Major boobage' from season 12 last night and I damn near wet myself. Soooooo hilarious. The NAMBLA episode where they're all running in and out of hotel rooms is also screamingly funny.
Reply 784
IlexAquifolium
Me too :love: probably my favourite TV show ever. I was watching 'Major boobage' from season 12 last night and I damn near wet myself. Soooooo hilarious. The NAMBLA episode where they're all running in and out of hotel rooms is also screamingly funny.

What happens in 'Major Boobage'. Title rings a bell but I can't think of the story.

Also, question for you. Do you think it rediculous if I were to live in Moseley and commute to where I work? (It would mean approx 20min extra on the journey I currently do).
Becca
What happens in 'Major Boobage'. Title rings a bell but I can't think of the story.

Also, question for you. Do you think it rediculous if I were to live in Moseley and commute to where I work? (It would mean approx 20min extra on the journey I currently do).

I'm sure there's a synopsis on imdb or somewhere, it involves using cats as narcotics ('cheesing') and is generally mad.

And no, not at all. I love Moseley, would live there myself if I could afford it! Only drawback is lack of trains, but the buses are surprisingly reliable. PM me or what have you if you want to chat about it :smile:
Some of you may remember the conversation we had in GOGSoc about cats months and months ago, in which people were pointing out that one or two cats are amazing but when you put like 15 in a room they become really terrifying. I realised last night that the same applies to naked people (not that I was in a room with 15 naked people.)

MB
musicbloke
Some of you may remember the conversation we had in GOGSoc about cats months and months ago, in which people were pointing out that one or two cats are amazing but when you put like 15 in a room they become really terrifying. I realised last night that the same applies to naked people (not that I was in a room with 15 naked people.)

MB

Urgh, people with LOADS and LOADS of animals frighten me :s-smilie: Because I'm in pop culture mode (translation: I've not had any lectures for seven weeks and in consequence have been watching too much television) has anyone seen the episode of Rules of Engagement where David Spade thinks he's going on a date and ends up at one of those art installations where everyone in the room takes their clothes off? He starts shrieking like a girl. Anyway, MB, what spurred this great epiphany if not a room with fifteen naked people?

Edit: ruddy smilies!
Becca

Hahaha they trip balls by sniffing cats urine. It's great.

TO be honest though, I'm not a fan of the last series. Some good moments and episodes but not as good as a series as most the others.
musicbloke

MB

What?
Boosh: Well one or two naked people in a room can be a good thing (depending on who they are of course.) 15 in a room is scary. Which bit didn't you understand?

Ilex: I dunno, I was drunk.

MB
musicbloke
Boosh: Well one or two naked people in a room can be a good thing (depending on who they are of course.) 15 in a room is scary. Which bit didn't you understand?

Ilex: I dunno, I was drunk.

MB

I though there was going to be an interesting story about you being said room! Or was it just a (very random) thought?
Nah, just a random thought.

MB
My "What?" was an expression of the randomness of the statement.

Shame there isn't a story - I would want pictures too though.
MB, do you think you will go back to uni?
Yes, I intend on an MA starting in 2010. I would have started sooner but I'm changing subjects so have needed time to read stuff and am learning German. And, of course, changing subjects it's gonna be harder for me to get funding so I figure spending time reading around/learning a language will increase my chances. Also I'm saving so I can afford it in the likely scenario I don't get funding.

MB
musicbloke
Yes, I intend on an MA starting in 2010. I would have started sooner but I'm changing subjects so have needed time to read stuff and am learning German. And, of course, changing subjects it's gonna be harder for me to get funding so I figure spending time reading around/learning a language will increase my chances. Also I'm saving so I can afford it in the likely scenario I don't get funding.

MB

What exactly are you hoping to study MB?
Critical theory. The MA I currently want to do is this one, but I may change my mind. There are a few critical theory MAs around, but preferably I'll stay in London as it will be cheaper to live with parents (as much as it's ******* lame it's a few thousand quid saving so I don't mind.) Before I studied music, as you probably know, but my main focuses were on critical theory and aesthetics, so it's not a massive change. It's just that I have gaps in my knowledge that I'd want to fill before doing pg stuff and I want to sharpen up my arguments against Habermasian ***** who hang around cultural studies faculties :p:.

MB
musicbloke
Critical theory. The MA I currently want to do is this one, but I may change my mind. There are a few critical theory MAs around, but preferably I'll stay in London as it will be cheaper to live with parents (as much as it's ******* lame it's a few thousand quid saving so I don't mind.) Before I studied music, as you probably know, but my main focuses were on critical theory and aesthetics, so it's not a massive change. It's just that I have gaps in my knowledge that I'd want to fill before doing pg stuff and I want to sharpen up my arguments against Habermasian ***** who hang around cultural studies faculties :p:.

MB

Looks a great MA, MB. Cool ****. Anti-Habermas? Does that mean you are Pro-Foucault?

You strike me as a guy that needs to study more. Not that you lack knowledge in my eyes, but you clearly have a hunger that needs to be satisfied through critical exploration. You are certainly far more attuned than a lot of grads I know who think of themselves as leftie in a fashionable way.
musicbloke

MB

Oh cool :biggrin: These 3 sound REALLY interesting: gender and the Internet, Post-Colonial Fiction and Memory, Trauma and Cultural Identity

A friend and I were chatting about what we've covered on both a History BA and MA and an English BA and MA - we wished we could have combined the two and that MA sounds right up our street!

Latest

Trending

Trending