The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've heard similar things Soc to be honest - a colleague's daughter paid off a fair whack of her student loan and ended up still paying interest on the whole lot, not what was left to pay back. The SLC is sneaky. :mad:
wes
They could easily get from Madrid to Birmingham by Tudaday, even without a plane. Plenty of buses on hand, I'm sure.

:ssh:

Yeah I'm not going to be in a rush to pay off my student loan. I really don't think it will impact on me getting a mortgage etc and it's the cheapest loan I'll ever have so what's the point of rushing to pay it off?
Reply 7982
Socrates
I was reading on moneysupermarket the other day that its in our interest not to pay off our student loan now, even if we have some of it left. Better to invest into high interest account or ISA, and then pay it back later on.

Indeed, it's such a hugely subsidised rate that you want to pay it back as slowly as possible. Pay off other (market rate) loans first, then start saving, and let the SLC just take the 9% above £15k they do until it's paid off. Simplest and cheapest way :smile:
Grrrrr. Stupid Macbook. Why won't you play all the dvds in the box set instead of just 3? :mad2: :banghead: And they ALL work on the dvd player attached to my tv. Oh and bloody typical that my Apple Care ran out a month ago. Not happy. :mad2:
Grrrr @ work. I don't believe in Monday mornings. Also, since I've decided that I'm leaving it's all becoming a massive hassle. I am counting down the days (or rather hours - I have like 200 left.) Oh, and we're having an OFSTED inspection. Balls.

MB
musicbloke
Grrrr @ work. I don't believe in Monday mornings. Also, since I've decided that I'm leaving it's all becoming a massive hassle. I am counting down the days (or rather hours - I have like 200 left.) Oh, and we're having an OFSTED inspection. Balls.

MB

OFSTED? Sick. When are you leaving?
Becca
OFSTED? Sick. When are you leaving?

Sometime towards the end of June. Then spending July and August in Germany, then back to the UK for a month off before MA.

MB
musicbloke
Sometime towards the end of June. Then spending July and August in Germany, then back to the UK for a month off before MA.

MB

Ahh Germany, that's so cool! Where are you going exactly? My friend went to Bayreuth last year with the Scottish Wagnerian Society or something.

Grr I've been waiting all morning for a parcel to be delivered. I specified this date and am now scared to have a shower or go out in case I miss it again :angry:
Becca
Ahh Germany, that's so cool! Where are you going exactly? My friend went to Bayreuth last year with the Scottish Wagnerian Society or something.

Grr I've been waiting all morning for a parcel to be delivered. I specified this date and am now scared to have a shower or go out in case I miss it again :angry:

Hate it when that happens :mad: It'll probably turn up about 1.30, knowing the post.
IlexAquifolium
Hate it when that happens :mad: It'll probably turn up about 1.30, knowing the post.

yeah its always annoying when they say it'll come between 8 and 5, and invariably the delivery guy turns up when you're in the shower. And then worse still when they don't leave the note and disappear, so you can't even reschedule the delivery. Useless I tell you.

/rant
IlexAquifolium

I've had stuff redelivered before and it's come at about 10.30, which is the time my post normally arrives, however I've now had a shower and got dressed and made my lunch and nobody's come. I hope you're right with 1.30!
Reply 7991
Yo GOGs, what do you all think of http://www.academia.edu/ ? I know the esteemed 043434m has a page and I've been tempted to create one myself as a procrastinating exercise.
Adorno has a page too.

And I just created one, but I'm having trouble keeping up with all these social networking websites. :frown:
Reply 7993
I like the idea of a "Linkedin" for academics, but I haven't grown above Facebook or TSR (yet) :wink: What do you do with it other than uploading a public CV...?
Excellent to see the breast of GOGSoc continues to quiver. This is rottcodd/codflaps, supping green tea and gandering upon threads of old! Hope you are all well :smile:
bottomchops
Excellent to see the breast of GOGSoc continues to quiver. This is rottcodd/codflaps, supping green tea and gandering upon threads of old! Hope you are all well :smile:

ooh welcome back!
bottomchops

Bottomchops. Hehe.
bottomchops

Bottomchops? Nice. :p:
Socrates
ooh welcome back!

Fanks! How are you? Do you remain bearded? Because if not, we have no business talking to each other.

Becca
Bottomchops. Hehe.

Good woman! Are you still a Northern Teacher or have you ventured elsewhere? I commence CELTA in a few months and hope to set up home somewhere Italian if all goes to plan...

apotoftea
Bottomchops? Nice.

Do you like my bottomchops?

You may play with them.
bottomchops
Fanks! How are you? Do you remain bearded? Because if not, we have no business talking to each other.

Of course, my beard is my identity :beard:

What are you up to now?

Latest

Trending

Trending