The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

musicbloke

No joint honours option with Accounting.
LLB Kevin
For :biggrin:

Then let us fight! :angry: (I doubt I can really argue that it isn't bs though. I don't know why... I just really like it. :o:)
Jangrafess
Then let us fight! :angry: (I doubt I can really argue that it isn't bs though. I don't know why... I just really like it. :o:)

I meant for as in I'm for philosophy :tongue:
[scroll]CORNISH YARG[/scroll]

MB
LLB Kevin
I meant for as in I'm for philosophy :tongue:

Oh, well that's fine then.

musicbloke
cornish yarg

I love that ****. I eat it till the doctor tells me not to.
A pattern is beginning to emerge. All my PhD application-related communications with Sheffield have taken place while I have been in a state of semi-delirium, like some silly Dostoevskian pretend academic. Interestingly enough, they're the only people to communicate with me post-application :tongue:
Jangrafess
(I doubt I can really argue that it isn't bs though)

Weakling :tongue: I can. I can argue anything (I just can't argue well).

Aristotle's really, really, really annoying me right now :mad:
River85
Weakling :tongue: I can. I can argue anything (I just can't argue well).

Aristotle's really, really, really annoying me right now :mad:

I'd just been doing three hours of phenomenology after very little sleep. That's why. :hand:

Aristotle never annoys me. I love the man. And I'm also coasting through a Descartes essay. But Husserl has made me grow tits with the specific objection of bouncing up and down on them in hobnailed boots.
I don't know East Anglia (though my Dad's from Southend and last time I saw them - 10+ years ago - two of my sisters lived in Norwich) but still, wonderful.

:rofl:

If only I hadn't given out green today. Is East Anglia, Norfolk in particular, as featureless as people say it is?

I really can't imagine a place without hills and mountains. It blows my mind (my than phenomenology does - I feel for you there Jangrafess)
IlexAquifolium
No apostrophe and *no freaking t*, you soup-fiend you.

:tongue:

ETS: I did have to think why you were saying no "t" for Masters, then realised what else I had asked :redface:
Norfolk was pretty bland when I last went. The thing that best sums it up for me is one of the descriptions given to a failing theme park on Theme Park World for the Playstation - "Your theme park is like Norfolk. With a gate." Always cracked me up.
Reply 1393
That bit of East Anglia is primarily ******* flat and uninteresting, which isn't helped by the low population density.
Reply 1394
I'm from East Anglia - don't diss my brethren! That video is amazing though, I've emailed it to a big bunch of people. The sad thing is I have either lived or holidayed in the majority of places mentioned in it.

River85
I really can't imagine a place without hills and mountains. It blows my mind (my than phenomenology does - I feel for you there Jangrafess)

It really is completely and utterly flat. Which means there's lots of sky so it can be quite beautiful in a really bleak way. Bristol in comparrison feels like it was built between mountains - I still haven't finished moaning about that and I've been there for six months.
Reply 1395
River85
:rofl:

If only I hadn't given out green today. Is East Anglia, Norfolk in particular, as featureless as people say it is?

It is indeed quite flat and inbred. It is funny because all the people I know from Suffolk, especially people at uni, have all cultivated this 'Lahndan geezah' accent (boys and girls alike) which sounds strikingly uniform (I presume because they have all taught themselves and reinforced this by mimesis, speaking to each other etc) simply to conceal the dulcet tones of the East Anglian Boy. Shame really.
I've just noticed my packet of rich teas is adorned with the slogan (look, I even reproduced the formatting, you lucky people):

'For those classic biscuit moments'.

I don't quite know what to make of that really. I feel slightly guilty about the (many, many) biscuit moments I've had which were, apparently, not classic.
I have something to admit - my dad's a prestige whore :redface:

Been home less than 24 hours and he's already asking that if Ox give me an offer and funding I will take it WON'T I? :rolleyes:

Urgghh.
Reply 1398
apotoftea

Been home less than 24 hours and he's already asking that if Ox give me an offer and funding I will take it WON'T I? :rolleyes: .

Well, if they gave you an offer and funding, surely you would take it, wouldn't you?

Sorry to sound like your Dad :tongue:
codflaps
Well, if they gave you an offer and funding, surely you would take it, wouldn't you?

Sorry to sound like your Dad :tongue:

Tbh I actually don't know given what I'd do - if plan b is going to be as good as they've said it'll be (you know I told you about the scholarship? Well I've also been able to apply for AHRC you see...) plus various other little perks of being an internal student :wink: :biggrin:

But hey, I'm not that lucky so I doubt very much that I'll ever had to decide between the two of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending