The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Db - looking hawt :hubba:
Arghhhhhh won't hear about funding for my plan b until JUNE!!!! Christ sake :mad:

And for anyone interested - click the links down the side to see funding allocations: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=405690&c=2
Reply 1582
Apot, you read my mind, I was just looking for that kind of info. I wonder when departments will start publishing how many allocated places they have...it seems the majority of them were supposed to find out at the beginning of march? I just read in another thread that york only got ten places for their english department. That's AWFUL. So you pretty much have to be in the top ten of all the applicants in order to receive funding? ahhhhhhhhh

What a depressing day. And now I've got to go to a Sylvia Plath seminar :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Edit: Removal of tasteless oven joke.
Da Bachtopus
Because I tend to be attracted to older women.

There's a particularly attractive older woman who I often see in the library
codflaps
Apot, you read my mind, I was just looking for that kind of info. I wonder when departments will start publishing how many allocated places they have...it seems the majority of them were supposed to find out at the beginning of march? I just read in another thread that york only got ten places for their english department. That's AWFUL. So you pretty much have to be in the top ten of all the applicants in order to receive funding? ahhhhhhhhh

I'm too waiting for subject and institution ones. As I said in post above, funding decision for plan b has been put back until JUNE so sounds like they've got more money than they thought as think they've opened applications again :confused:

I'm surprised the AHRC haven't put up a quota list but then again, it's the AHRC, they never do anything sensible.

What a depressing day. And now I've got to go to a Sylvia Plath seminar :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Yup, that is depressing.
apotoftea
Arghhhhhh won't hear about funding for my plan b until JUNE!!!! Christ sake :mad:

And for anyone interested - click the links down the side to see funding allocations: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=405690&c=2

My department's never had AHRC money before, but there's one fully funded place for next year. The best part is the PhDs here tend to be internationals (I'm only aware of two UK PhDs), so with any luck there won't be many eligible applicants - kerching(?)
ETS: I might have just found something useful :biggrin:

ETS (again): nope, just the same figures that the THE has.
What does ETS mean?
LLB Kevin
What does ETS mean?

Edited to say

Best of luck getting the money; you might want to kill off any UK opposition to increase you chances :wink:
codflaps

That's....bad? The best politics departments only have three places (at the absolute most, and that's only three departments at the top of the tree - the other 15 or so are shared out in batches of one or two). This year they've had 40+ applicants, if what I've been told is correct and generalisable. :s-smilie:
codflaps
Edit: Removal of tasteless oven joke.

I demand you put it back. What was it? "Can you smell what the Plath is cookin' ?".

Ah, WWF. Those were the days.
LLB Kevin
There's a particularly attractive older woman who I often see in the library

How old? I'm not talking like gerontophilic. I mean more like 25-35 range. People with real lives who aren't just masters students like me :-( I wonder if I am projecting.
Hahahahahaha.

MB
What am I meant to do today? Quants work. What am I actually doing today? Writing guides to social science funding and listening to music I liked when I was about thirteen, apparently. I think I might link to that post in my profile so that if I ever get asked that question again I can just point at that post and go back to sleep.
IlexAquifolium
What am I meant to do today? Quants work. What am I actually doing today? Writing guides to social science funding and listening to music I liked when I was about thirteen, apparently. I think I might link to that post in my profile so that if I ever get asked that question again I can just point at that post and go back to sleep.

I'm meant to be reading a massive pile of stuff on a) a period I know nothing about and b) a period I don't want to know anything about :frown:

Have had enough of seminar reading, want to do be doing my essays :woo:
Dissertation woes. Essay woes. Why am I a grad student? :frown:
apotoftea
Best of luck getting the money; you might want to kill off any UK opposition to increase you chances :wink:

I would do, but the admin lady’s keeping number of applicants etc close to her chest!
Da Bachtopus
How old? I'm not talking like gerontophilic. I mean more like 25-35 range. People with real lives who aren't just masters students like me :-( I wonder if I am projecting.

At a guess, I’d say early 40s :tongue:
IlexAquifolium

That’s some impressive procrastination. Not quite as impressive, but still quite good I feel, is my opening up a word document for all these quotes.
Socrates
Dissertation woes. Essay woes. Why am I a grad student? :frown:

You, sir, like the rest of us, are silly.
Reply 1597
Eep, just looked up my exam timetable, and I have 7 3-hour Finals papers in 9 days :frown: They're also quite strangely spaced - one each for four days, then three days off, then the remaining three one after another. Scared now :puppyeyes:
LLB Kevin
That’s some impressive procrastination. Not quite as impressive, but still quite good I feel, is my opening up a word document for all these quotes.

Now that's commitment.

You, sir, like the rest of us, are silly.

Indeed. :frown:
Socrates
Now that's commitment.

Or boredom. Pick whichever one you want, but I know which one it is. I figure 1,500 words on something I don't care about is quite enough for one day :smile:

And Athena, good luck - I hope to never take an exam ever again :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending