The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no why would i? ::s-smilie:
Reply 41
Ghost
When people make nasty comments about me, I actually cry. I sulk in my bedroom for hours wondering how they could be so mean.
When people make nice comments about me, I call my friends and tell them.

They are mean for the lulz, it cuts me deep. Real deep :frown:
Reply 42
NO YOU'RE ALL FAGGOTS

I only came here for the revision notes.. :mad:
Inflation
punktopia, do you?

I love your sig! :eek:
Reply 44
whitepearlbaby

He doesn't care what you think!

(Boom boom)
Reply 45
I don't really care what people think of me on an internet forum. I try to behave and treat people as I would in real life but there is a very distinct difference between my online persona and "IRL".

I've asked this in other threads but have been largely ignored and this seems as good a thread as any to ask again.

What's the deal with reputation on TSR? From what I can tell it's superfluous to TSR's function, so I don't understand why people care about their reputation. :smile:

Unless I've missed something and we get money/chocolate. :tongue:
Ghost

(Boom boom)

Arrrgh my heart...

*duh duh duh dummmmmmm*

I'm dead.
Reply 47
**** no - no offense but you're a bunch of people I don't know and will never meet, so why should I care? I don't come onto the internet to make friends.
whitepearlbaby

You're sig is a little scary imo :o:

Ghost

(Boom boom)

Good one! :biggrin:
Reply 49
NO:lolwut:

maybe a bit :p:
Mastermind`
Not really but I don't like people to have the wrong impression of me. :yep:

This
99.9% of the people on here, I'll never meet in real life, so why should i care?
no, of course not. for all i no, u guys might not even exist. i have no guarantee that ur not all figments of my digital imagination.
Reply 53
whitepearlbaby
Arrrgh my heart...

*duh duh duh dummmmmmm*

I'm dead.

Oh **** I got the wrong guy lol :P. Thought you quoted Punktopia.
Ghost
Oh **** I got the wrong guy lol :P. Thought you quoted Punktopia.

Well I don't care what HE thinks :biggrin:
Reply 55
Given that my persona on TSR is an honest portrayal of both my demeanour and intellectual character, it's impossible for me not to be personally affected by any critique of that persona which is coherent, accurate, and chimes with my moral sensibilities. However, bearing in mind that virtually none of those who attack me seem capable of delivering such criticism, this is something I've yet to lose sleep over.
The opinions of most people on TSR don't matter to me a great deal, because there are thousands of people on TSR and a lot of them I don't talk to, some I don't get along with, and others are neither here nor there.

But there are some people that I've become close to, especially in the P&P society, and a few others, and I do like for us to get along, so yes, the opinions of those people do matter to me.
It's not like I'm talking to a bunch of robots, we're all people with feelings, and yes it's acceptable and perfectly normal to become friends with people from online.
Reply 57
Fojji
What's the deal with reputation on TSR? From what I can tell it's superfluous to TSR's function, so I don't understand why people care about their reputation. :smile:

Unless I've missed something and we get money/chocolate. :tongue:

The extent to which people care about reputation is predicated on two factors: firstly, the extent to which they care what TSR thinks of them; secondly, the extent to which they deem 'reputation' to be an accurate reflection of that.
I care about what some people think. Those being people I may talk to regularly or come across on a daily basis.

I wouldn't really give a **** if some random in the Fashion forum hated my guts.
Reply 59
Profesh
The extent to which people care about reputation is predicated on two factors: firstly, the extent to which they care what TSR thinks of them; secondly, the extent to which they deem 'reputation' to be an accurate reflection of that.

Fair enough I guess. Thanks for clarifying.

Latest

Trending

Trending