The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Guys, am I the only one that gets this error message?!

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

When I go on https://secure.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/protocol/registration/register

:s-smilie:

Also, is it really easier to do it on paper? I'm on a gap year and going travelling soon so they can't have my passport, as someone said they need to send it in or something. I'm so confused!
I'd just do it online. If you do it online then you just enter your passport details and they check it out from that. By paper you have to send off some kind of proof of ID, so your passport or something similar.
Reply 222
i have an issue because i am trying to apply for financial support for the first time. i have applied to medicine but my universities will not be making a decision on my application until late march/early april. therefore can i still go ahead with my application for financial support or do i have to wait for my first choice university to get back to me
super'girl
I know what you mean, it just happened to me twice!

Grr... I'm giving up and doing it on paper.
Do you want to provide your financial details in support of your child or partner's application?

wtf am i meant to select yes or no..... the little help things are ******* useless
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Do you want to provide your financial details in support of your child or partner's application?

wtf am i meant to select yes or no..... the little help things are ******* useless

If you don't have children or a partner that you live with, then say no! Because you don't want to support their application if you don't have any :tongue:
Redpanda91
If you don't have children or a partner that you live with, then say no! Because you don't want to support their application if you don't have any :tongue:

**** it i'm doing it through paper now. It was so stressful doing it online :'(
Reply 227
CRAP what have you put for the start of your academic year? Leeds have 28/09/09.. do you put that or 01/09? :s-smilie: heeeelp
rakata
CRAP what have you put for the start of your academic year? Leeds have 28/09/09.. do you put that or 01/09? :s-smilie: heeeelp

You put the actual day that Freshers week starts
Oooo I put in 28th of Sept :s-smilie: Its starts EARLIER
hi,I'm an EU student and I'm applying for student loan on paper. The thing is at the "UCAS course code" there are only 3 squares whereas my course code has four:confused: . Should I write outside the boxes?
hey, quick question. (sorry if this has already been answered) but, my dad has just lost his job... putting me under the limit for higher loans etc etc... now hes looking for a new job, and hopes to get one by june/jully time, how does this effect my finances? i mean, if i apply now, but then he gets another job, do i have to give money back?, or what happens?
thanks
Reply 232
Is anyone else getting Internal Server Error all the time? Doing my nut in :tongue: Applying for continuing student myself.
Reply 233
fallen_acorns
hey, quick question. (sorry if this has already been answered) but, my dad has just lost his job... putting me under the limit for higher loans etc etc... now hes looking for a new job, and hopes to get one by june/jully time, how does this effect my finances? i mean, if i apply now, but then he gets another job, do i have to give money back?, or what happens?
thanks

Well you won't get any money till September anyway, if you're starting then. They are RUTHLESS though. If your circumstances change they WILL chase you for money.
Reply 234
suek
Is anyone else getting Internal Server Error all the time? Doing my nut in :tongue: Applying for continuing student myself.

I think its down for maintainence until midnight
Reply 235
It is asking: Give the full tuition fee amount that your university or college is charging for the course you will be studying in academic year 2009/2010 ... on the site for Kent, it says that for 2008/2009 is £3,145 but nothing about 2009/20100 help please?
suek
Is anyone else getting Internal Server Error all the time?

Yes, I have done for over a week.:confused:
M1R4J
It is asking: Give the full tuition fee amount that your university or college is charging for the course you will be studying in academic year 2009/2010 ... on the site for Kent, it says that for 2008/2009 is £3,145 but nothing about 2009/20100 help please?

Every uni is charging £3225
fallen_acorns
thanks

You will fill it in for Year 2007-2008, However you can tell student finance that he currently doesn't have a job etc, and they should be able to help you.
Reply 239
suek

Yep! Rrrrgr. I think I might just ask for paper forms; it'd get done quicker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending