The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Jack Sparrow
I have put in my unit results into UCAS , got an offer of CCC and chosen it as my firm. (Last years grades were AAB) and to make that B into an A I will have to re-take two of last years units.

Who do I tell? The university by email or UCAS. Can I be kicked off if the grades are higher?

I can't imagine them kicking you off the course for achieving higher grades than expected. :dontknow:
Reply 2
don't they change automatically when you retake?
Diaz89
don't they change automatically when you retake?

I thought I have to tell them?
Reply 4
You don't have to tell the university or UCAS anything. You just retake the units - the school and exam board will sort it out. The uni will be getting your final grades at A2 so it doesn't matter what you retake or how many times.

I retook units last January at a different school - they and the exam board sorted it out so I didn't even have to telll my school anything because you have a special (approximately 11 digit) identification number.

And no you won't get kicked off :tongue:. Unis don't look at unit grades unless they've specified, in which case it still doesn't matter as long as you achieve the requirements.
Reply 5
Jack Sparrow
I thought I have to tell them?

, I think you need to tell UCAS to add that you will be retaking a subject and tell them the units you want to retake. That's what I did, I was two marks of an A and added politics in a new section and the specific units I was retaking.
Reply 6
In your reference your school may specify that you are doing a retake if, lets say you got BBB at AS-level and they predicted you AAB or something like that to make it clear to the university that we have predicted "blah" AAB because they are going to do retakes in these two subjects to boast those to grades to an A.
Reply 7
I didn't tell the unis I was retaking most of my resits
The only one I meantioned was general studies
I thought it didn't matter what you retook becuase lets say you have achieved a B at an A2 exam in January and want an A, the universities don't know that you may be retaking that

Latest

Trending

Trending