The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Have you received an accommodation booklet?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi yeah I got that yesterday, but it's pretty much a paper version of what's available online. There is some information about bathroom sharing but is quite tedious to extract from the text and doesn't even get a mention for some halls! As for room sizes there doesn't seem to be anything useful included...
Just wondering if anyone had any "inside information", as it were, on University Hall? It looks quite nice from the prospectus and website, but seems quite unpopular...any reason why?
Emma the Hippy
Just wondering if anyone had any "inside information", as it were, on University Hall? It looks quite nice from the prospectus and website, but seems quite unpopular...any reason why?

Maybe it's 'cos it's the cheapest so people avoid it principally because of this.

I swear I'm the only one who hasn't recieved a bloody prospectus yet!
Jimi Haze
Maybe it's 'cos it's the cheapest so people avoid it principally because of this.

I swear I'm the only one who hasn't recieved a bloody prospectus yet!

No your not....the accommodation office don't love me either.

Maybe its surnames? D.O.B I dunno - they've got around 3000 to send so I doubt that they would have all be received by today - takes a few weeks to process that much on a mail machine.....
...well maybe not a few weeks but certainly about 2/3 days dependant on the availability of staff to stand there and watch the machine....tis a joy I tell you.
I haven't had my prospectus yet either *sniff*

Anyone have any idea how likely you are to get your first choice hall? particularly the more popular halls, Goldney, Durdham etc?
50% chance....but then again you got into Bristol....and the odds for that aren't exactly warm and fluffy. :smile:
Emma the Hippy

I know a couple of people who stayed there - they really enjoyed it. They did suggest however, that its probably not a good place to go if you're shy.
Did they ever give an explanation to that?
From my point of view, you are most likely screwed anywhere unless there's a particular thing about uni halls.
Anyone know if people with unconditional offers get priority? :confused:
malleablegrace
Anyone know if people with unconditional offers get priority? :confused:

To be honest I don't think so :smile:
Ta :smile:
I hope I can see :fluffy: from my window, wherever I end up.
Sanity Panda
Did they ever give an explanation to that?
From my point of view, you are most likely screwed anywhere unless there's a particular thing about uni halls.

The social life's very un-hall based. Self catering tends to be more independent, but uni hall is more so (or so i've been told). If it was me you were asking...
Reply 2055
Has anyone got their accomadation prospectus sent to them yet!!! should i have got one by now as Bristol is my firm?
thanks
I'm still waiting for mine, don't worry :biggrin:
Reply 2057
What is the liveliest self catered hall?

Obviously at University the priority is the degree, but I like going out clubbing etc, and want to make friends who are pretty fun/active. I can balance my own work/play time so I don't really need to worry about it being "too" lively.

So yeah, what is the most fun hall to be at? I'm thinking of applying to University hall??
..........from my experience of places that people tend to talk down.....usually those who frequent them become fiercely protective and loyal. I've always preferred going to the dive clubs where you stick to the floor but everyone's in it together....than to go to the shiny new ones where you feel obligated to enjoy it.

...that's my pseudo-philosophical stance on halls anyways...I may be talking out of my bottom.

Uni halls quite nice looking actually.....obviously not in the same way goldney is but it still looks cool.

I still haven't had my prospectus yet....don't really need it as I know where I'm applying (Richmond and Winkie) but it would be nice :smile:

haha

xx
Reply 2059
i still havent got the prospectus and im really a bit clueless as to where i like cos i thought i liked goldney but then i saw the prices and theres no way i could afford that so now i thinking bout uni hall but i have no idea bout another choice

oh the confusion lol!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending