University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Goldney, but I was only there for a term. :redface:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
ok...i'm looking to stay in the stoke bishop area even though its 2 miles away...i'll just get mad leg muscles:biggrin: ...and for it to be catered...in your opinion where is the best place to go?
Reply 582
db
It seems that HB and Baddock are the dumping ground for people who wanted catered but didn't get their first choice. I'm more than willing to be corrected about this though.

Why do people always spell Badock with two Ds?! :rolleyes: :smile: It's pronounced "Bay-dock", there's no way it would have two...

You're pretty much right, DB, altough TBF a fair few people apply for HB as first choice - about half, maybe? Badock is the most undersubscribed hall. No-one wants to end up there.

To bacteriocoli, rule out Churchill (full of rahs) and Badock (a bit crap). Go for Wills or HB, depending on what you want from a hall. They're opposites in many ways, hence why there's a traditional rivalry between the two.
Reply 583
I'll stick up for Badock. I loved it, and if I had to go back into halls, that's where I'd go.
you won't run out of money if you go out twice a week. you can do a night out on a tenner once you learn how to do it properly. most people at bristol dont need to be prudent, but if you get ******ed before you go out, u only pay club entry, maybe one drink and a taxi (for stokey B's, sometimes for lazy cliftonites).

you can't just be a hermit (well, unless youre like that anyway) or you'll go mad...

you'll be amazed at how quick the first year will go, so make the most of it. i've gotta start actually doing work next year and i'm gutted, but at least i know i've had a fantastic year...
Reply 585
db
Goldney, but I was only there for a term. :redface:

why only a term? did you kidnap one of their cats and make it dance for your avatar? hmmm? Also what are the rooms like? A pedantic question I know, but nobody ever talks about actual rooms, its all 'this hall is full of rahs' or 'that one is really sociable'....so how big are goldney rooms? much desk/wardrobe space? is there a wash basin?
Reply 586
Rui
Why do people always spell Badock with two Ds?! :rolleyes: :smile: It's pronounced "Bay-dock", there's no way it would have two...

really? are we playing that game?
Reply 587
Er, which game?
Reply 588
that game. obviously.

Ignore me, it seemed like a bigger issue 7 minutes ago.
Reply 589
I...er...alright. :s-smilie:
im looking at woodlands court! its looks kinda nice on the brochure! lol? any tips on this? is it a lively place?
Rui
They're opposites in many ways, hence why there's a traditional rivalry between the two.

If you apply for Wills you've got a good chance of getting into HB if you're rejected as well. Quite a few people end up there that way.
stepheh
which halls have buses that run into town?
If your hall doesn't have one.. can you jump on another halls?

That's buses into town at night not during the day. The Wills buses leave between 10 and 11pm normally, allowing for them to be a little bit late. Costs less than a taxi does...

Not sure about other halls using the Wills one. Anybody know?
Reply 593
Yeah I've got the Wills-Wedgies bus a couple of times. Never actually been to Wedgies, I may add, but it's a bus into town on Friday nights, and you can go elsewhere if you like...

Not sure if it's allowed, but no-one seems to care.
still have no idea. crap.:confused:
TBH I rarely use the buses as I tend to be in town til 10pm anyway with orchestra rehearsals etc...

Basically, make friends with people who have cars! Easiest way to get anywhere really...

And on a lighter note, my bf has just put Bristol as his firm for this year's entry :biggrin: Yayness
Anyone thinking of applying to manor this year?

Is it a good hall?
Reply 597
I MIGHT apply to manor.
not 100% sure.. I think i'd rather be in SB in the first year
stepheh
I think i'd rather be in SB in the first year

May i ask why?

More of a 'campus feel'?
Reply 599
If I was going SC I'd go to Manor. Goldney's lovely, but a bit pricey and hard to get into. Manor looks great.

Latest

Trending

Trending