The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sam854
no but all the other medics, but from my school all the other medics where extremmely timid, one that comes to mind i have never seen talk to another person during their whole schooling life. In my opinion they wouldn't make the best doctor.

Who are you to determine what makes a good Doctor? :unsure:
Reply 81
Democracy
Words can't describe the amount of fail in this post :stupid:

If anyone's starting a fight, it's you.

how is it am i quoting her and changing her words?
i said it was an exaggeration what i had said and it was also a personal opinion, i really think that should have been the end of the argument.
sam854
i said it was an exaggeration what i had said and it was also a personal opinion, i really think that should have been the end of the argument.

Him.
sam854

For a start, Renal is a guy.

Secondly you had no right to have a go at his med school, that was really spoiling for a fight. Furthermore, earlier on when he corrected your (illogical and incorrect) view on "most" medical students you should have left it at that and not gone on the offensive and dragged it on.
Reply 84
sam854
how is it am i quoting him and changing his words?
I don't need to change your words (well, only slightly :wink: )

Yes, I know everyone's supposedly entitled to spout their own insulting, ill conceived and prejudiced **** on the internet, I don't care...
Reply 85
jonnyofengland
Who are you to determine what makes a good Doctor? :unsure:

this is why i said in my opinion... everyones entitled to it, whould you not agree?

i never said i have the authority to say who is a good/bad doctor, simply stating my opinion, and in my opinion someone who cannot communicate well is not going to be the best doctor, i would have thought most people would agree with this, as most people know communication is a fundamental skill needed for medicine.
Reply 86
Democracy
Secondly you had no right to have a go at his med school, that was really spoiling for a fight. Furthermore, earlier on when he corrected your (illogical and incorrect) view on "most" medical students you should have left it at that and not gone on the offensive and dragged it on.

you have the wrong end of the stick here. i was in no way insulting her medical school. i actually want to study there. i was trying to say that if barts if full of people who seem to pick arguments over what i see is a very small thing, then you not making the medical school appealing.

sorry for going on the defensive when someone is seemingly trying to make me look like an idiot. and please dont start it all over again by sayin you think i am an idiot as that would be really pathetic.
sam854
you have the wrong end of the stick here. i was in no way insulting her medical school. i actually want to study there. i was trying to say that if barts if full of people who seem to pick arguments over what i see is a very small thing, then you not making the medical school appealing.

sorry for going on the defensive when someone is seemingly trying to make me look like an idiot. and please dont start it all over again by sayin you think i am an idiot as that would be really pathetic.

...:confused:

And what people are like over the net doesn't in anyway describe them a) in real life or b)the other 1000+ people in their institute. Generalise much?
Reply 88
Renal
Yes, I know everyone's supposedly entitled to spout their own insulting, ill conceived and prejudiced **** on the internet, I don't care...

its not insulting to say not all plumbers have wanted to be a plumber since they where 4, but it is offensive to say not all medics have wanted to be a dotor since they where 4

sorry i do't understand this.
sam854
its not insulting to say not all plumbers have wanted to be a plumber since they where 4, but it is offensive to say not all medics have wanted to be a dotor since they where 4

sorry i do't understand this.

No, it's insulting to us as students, and furthermore as a profession, for you to say that 75% of us aren't in it for the love of the job.
Reply 90
Alex L
No, it's insulting to us as students, and furthermore as a profession, for you to say that 75% of us aren't in it for the love of the job.
Well, I would accept and understand someone senior, with experience of medicine and knowing the people in it, saying that - but from a schoolkid with 'mates' in three medical schools...
Renal
Well, I would accept and understand someone senior, with experience of medicine and knowing the people in it, saying that - but from a schoolkid with 'mates' in three medical schools...

I guess who said it makes quite a big difference, but I think that I'd still be a little peeved if someone senior said it, even with X years service they aren't going to have come across everyone, meaning they surely can't make such a sweeping judgement :dontknow:
Reply 92
i dont see why is should insult you tho, if you do love medicine good im glad. thats all you need to know, i didnt say you didnt love it did i?
do you think that every single medic in the world loves medicine?

you where also a school kid not to long ago and i am no longer a school kid anyway. so just because im younger i am not entitled to an opinion, but if i were older, or working within medicine i would be?
Reply 93
sam854
you where also a school kid not to long ago and i am no longer a school kid anyway. so just because im younger i am not entitled to an opinion, but if i were older, or working within medicine i would be?
I left school long before you hit puberty.

I'm not sure why you seem to have difficulty grasping the concept - if you know **** all about what you're talking about, your opinion is just clutter in a thread - worthless. If you do know what you're talking about and can base your opinions on fact, experience or anything more than idle speculation then people might take note.
Reply 94
Can we stop the bickering please and keep this thread on topic?

Latest

Trending

Trending