The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right handed, she went clockwise, could say the colour with no problem.
Reply 61
Nandika
OK, need some help. Have a 5 min. presentation to do on whether you are left brained or right brained :smile:

For those who are interested in what they are, here are some tests:

1) Are you left or right handed? Each hemisphere controls the OPPOSITE side, therefore if you are left handed you are RIGHT brained, if you are right handed you are LEFT brained.

2) http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

3) How easy do you find this? http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/left-brain-right-brain-conflict.jpg

Does any one else know any other tests? Is it true that the left brain controls the right eye and right or left or is that not true for eyes (because they are controlled by the brain part at the back!

Any help much appreciated!

XxxxX

1) Right handed for writing, left handed elseways

2) Clockwise

3) Easy peasy :smile:
Are you left or right handed? Right handed

Quite easy to say the actual colours. And I saw her got clockwise (surely she is??) Couldn't see anti-clockwise :frown:
Nandika
OK, need some help. Have a 5 min. presentation to do on whether you are left brained or right brained :smile:

For those who are interested in what they are, here are some tests:

1) Are you left or right handed? Each hemisphere controls the OPPOSITE side, therefore if you are left handed you are RIGHT brained, if you are right handed you are LEFT brained.

2) http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

3) How easy do you find this? http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/left-brain-right-brain-conflict.jpg

Does any one else know any other tests? Is it true that the left brain controls the right eye and right or left or is that not true for eyes (because they are controlled by the brain part at the back!

Any help much appreciated!

XxxxX

Try Sperry (1968) for that eye thing because we studied it in AS where the Corpus Callosum of the brain was severed because of epilepsy and there were all sorts of differences, like the person could see an object but when asked to write down what it was she wrote down something completely different, which was what her other eye saw. I'm sorry if I haven't explained it very well.

For those tests, I got right handed, clockwise, and the colours.

:smile:
There's a good one, which I'll probably explain terribly, but hey - put one hand on top of the other, at right angles, fingers on fingers, thumbs on top of each other, so there's a small triangular-ish gap in the middle.

Focus on something in the distance and bring your hands up to your eyes so you're looking through the hole.

Spoiler below in white font.

Notice anything weird? Which eye did your hands go up to, left or right? Whichever side is your preferential eye. For me it's left, but everyone in my family is right.... Weird :rolleyes:
Ooooooooooh and I've seen the dancer before - she goes both ways :rolleyes:
1) Left handed

2) it says page not found :frown: edit: oh its there now. its going anti-clockwise... ive done this before and I can see it as clockwise but it really messes with my head :tongue:

3) Really quite easy, apart from the first one, when I said 'yellow' :s-smilie:
Reply 67
1.) right handed

2.) both - it switches from one to the other

3.) kinda easy except for the first one
Reply 68
1) Right handed.
2) Clockwise but after concentrating could see it going anti-clockwise.
3) Said colour not the word but had to concentrate.

Seems I use the right side of my brain more which judging by the traits that's quite true.
Reply 69
1. I'm left handed
2. They inter-change quite frequently... I find I can make them change direction quite easily so not sure which one I am! I think it's dominantly anti-clockwise, so if I shut my eyes and open them again that's their default position
3. I found it quite hard to say the colour, had to really think about it to say the word!
- Right handed
- Clockwise, couldn't get it to go Anti-clockwise
- Easy as pie
I'm right handed

She was turned clockwise, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her to turn anti-clockwise

I did the word thingy pretty easy, only a couple of hesitations.
1. Right handed
2. Clockwise. Can it really go any other way??
3. Fairly easy, had trouble with tan.
I figured out how to make it go anti-clockwise. I started counting and visualising the numbers.

Also when I sing the dancer went anti-clockwise.
See the dancer going both ways. Theres a point where the leg goes behind the dancer but if you look closely it also goes turns the other way and appears to go in front of her.
I can switcheroo anti-clock and clockwise quite easy.
Reply 75
-Right handed
-say the word color
-im a left brainer but function is in right brain.. what ah!... :smile:
pat your head and rub your stomach! makes anyone laugh these days
Reply 77
timelordess

2) I saw the dancer turning clockwise but I swear after a while, the graphic changed to anti-clockwise without my concentrating especially hard, so it's a cheat!.

This.
Reply 78
1. Right handed
2. Clockwise; I can't see how it can possibly go anticlockwise :s-smilie:
3. Easy
I am ambidexterous, the color thing was very easy and the lady was spinning clockwise although I pretty much match the left list.

Latest

Trending

Trending