The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

timetokill
Whilst I understand the basis of what you are saying I think you have a very idealogical viewpoint of how things would ultimatly pan out.
If one psychologically sick person (as you call it) is seen to be taking control, or doing/achieving what they want by means other than the norm (ie respecting others and their rights) then its likely to spark a chain reaction, even amongst the psychologically sound.

You only have to look at small everyday examples within day to day life to see this first hand. The sad reality is that within society its still very dog eat dog, so if the person going against the norm is seen to be getting ahead others will follow- especially if no boundaries or concrete rules regarding what is or isnt acceptable are in place.

Collectively people seem to respond better and act as 'better human beings' when there are boundaries, rules and regulations. The fact that rules etc are in place for most is deterrant enough to stop them from acting out or in a way that could be seen as unacceptable.

People that desire power are psychologically unsound, that is what I meant. People wouldn’t follow their lead if they had their own freedom, and self-determination, and were not psychologically unsound themselves.

You have to ask what makes people want power over others in the first place. We have a dog-eat-dog world because the boundaries of society are in place. We are slaves to money; the use of our currency makes us slaves. We live in a society founded on money, and so people base their lives on greed, and selfish competition. We are taught the values of success, and aspiring to earn money. Money gives control; the bankers own most of the countries of the world. What gives someone else the right to say what rules should be in place on me? Why don't I decide what is acceptable behaviour for myself?

If people are ruled, they are not ruled in their best interests. Governments mainly exist to make money, as they are companies. They operate under UCC. You are registered on the stock exchange; at the bottom of your birth certificate is your registration number. Murder is seen as a high offence because of the amount of money the government loses when someone dies and stops paying taxes.
silentrevolution
Murder is seen as a high offence because of the amount of money the government loses when someone dies and stops paying taxes.

Don't be ridiculous.
It really is sad how money is a 100% manipulator of the world. Barter system anyone?
ForeverIsMyName
Don't be ridiculous.

This is the mentality of the rulers of a society. Murder is a common law offence, but the statement I made indicates that we are simply seen in the eyes of commerce (UCC) as corporations to make a profit. For example, did you know that there is a corporation set up in your name and is on the stock exchange?
Mr. Tinkertrain
It really is sad how money is a 100% manipulator of the world. Barter system anyone?

That is not the only alternative. Just look at the LETS system, for example. Also, currency is not necessarily a bad thing, but the currency in use at the moment certainly is. To start with, our money is not based on anything REAL (like gold, silver), so it can be totally manipulated. Also, it is a debt, a promise to pay, so attributing value to our notes of money is attributing value to a debt, which makes no sense whatsoever.

"The true equation is 'democracy' = government by world financiers...The main mark of modern governments is that we do not know who governs, de facto any more than de jure. We see the politician and not his backer; still less the backer of the backer; or what is most important of all, the banker of the backer. Enthroned above all, in a manner without parallel in all past, is the veiled prophet of finance, swaying all men living by a sort of magic, and delivering oracles in a language not understanded [sic] of the people."
J.R.R. Tolkien, Candour Magazine, 13 July 1956, p. 12

"Corporations have been enthroned. An era of corruption in high places will follow and the money power will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people . . until wealth is aggregated in a few hands . . . and the Republic is destroyed." - Abraham Lincoln

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father
How so?
silentrevolution
This is the mentality of the rulers of a society.

Sheer monetary profit? That's clearly untrue.

For example, did you know that there is a corporation set up in your name and is on the stock exchange?

Source?
silentrevolution
Quite simple: Why don't people en masse demand freedom, and why have they never done that so far in the history of the world (except the first few years of America)? There is no free country on the face of the earth.

well, freedom is relative. everything is relative.

I personally define freedom as a lack of restraint, and wanting some authority over their own lives. but how people either value or use this lack of restraint is relative.

to most, life under a government is not the true restraint in their lives, and that wouldn't change any time soon. since everything is relative in life, i think people should be free to seek their own freedom as they see fit, without stopping others' from the same right.
Reply 28
silentrevolution
People that desire power are psychologically unsound, that is what I meant. People wouldn’t follow their lead if they had their own freedom, and self-determination, and were not psychologically unsound themselves.

You have to ask what makes people want power over others in the first place. We have a dog-eat-dog world because the boundaries of society are in place. We are slaves to money; the use of our currency makes us slaves. We live in a society founded on money, and so people base their lives on greed, and selfish competition. We are taught the values of success, and aspiring to earn money. Money gives control; the bankers own most of the countries of the world. What gives someone else the right to say what rules should be in place on me? Why don't I decide what is acceptable behaviour for myself?

If people are ruled, they are not ruled in their best interests. Governments mainly exist to make money, as they are companies. They operate under UCC. You are registered on the stock exchange; at the bottom of your birth certificate is your registration number. Murder is seen as a high offence because of the amount of money the government loses when someone dies and stops paying taxes.

i completely agree everything is a corporation gordon brown, houses of parliament, the nhs go to www.dnb.com (dun & bradhurst) and search for corporation such as the ones above you will see that they come as as being listed on the stock exchange.

silentrevolution its so sad that were born into bondage via the birth certificate thus allowing government to do anything to us via it, i mean we are registered to them therefore they own us, just like our cars and motorbikes we register them to the DVLA and if we dont pay a fine they can take our car and crush it legally becuase it belongs to them. look at your V5 document it even says there 'the registered keeper is not necissarily the registered owner'

once you register something it no longer belongs to you.

i agree about tax and fines it is a notice. In legalese a notice is an invtation to pay not a demand, you can refuse to pay this invitation by not agreeing to enter into any contract with those who have sent the letter or replying back using the four corner rule (anything in square brackets doesnt exist)

the way things are going silentrevolution people will start to realise soon enough and people will want their freedom back.
ForeverIsMyName
Sheer monetary profit? That's clearly untrue.
Source?

Why is it clearly untrue? They are all companies. Even Gordon Brown and David Cameron are registered companies.

See your birth certificate. Look at the red number on the bottom right. Take it to a stock market trader, and get them to look it up. Your name, and what you are worth will come up.

Your parent has to be an 'informant' on you, and make a declaration in common law. This sets up a corporation in your name, which is legally refered to as a 'person'.

This is another example of the pessimism people have for human nature. Human nature cannot express itself properly if it is not free to do so. If we are slaves, we will not treat other people with equal respect, we will compete for privilege from the ruling class, which is exactly what happens with this dog-eat-dog system.

Communism is very different to freedom. But to start with, communism advocated by Marx has never been implemented. Marx thought that revolutionaries would seize power from the ruling classes and give it back to the people, but the truth is that power corrupts, and power was never given back to the people. The idea of revolutionaries seizing power and never giving it back to the people was not Marx’s idea. Stalin and others seized upon his ideas as a way to get control.
kookie_4

i agree about tax and fines it is a notice. In legalese a notice is an invtation to pay not a demand, you can refuse to pay this invitation by not agreeing to enter into any contract with those who have sent the letter or replying back using the four corner rule (anything in square brackets doesnt exist)

the way things are going silentrevolution people will start to realise soon enough and people will want their freedom back.

Council Tax is a statute passed in 1992, and confirmed in 1993, not a law.
A statute is a: 'legislative rule of society given the force of law by the consent of the governed'

So it is only given 'the force of law' if you consent to it. If you don't consent to it, it isn't law.

I know several people who haven't paid council taxes for years. What you say about a notice being an invitation is absolutely true. People need to understand that notices are operating under UCC (commercial legality)

Here are some maxims of law:
*Court Appearance*****

[This is why we should avoid voluntarily appearing in court]

*A general appearance cures antecedent irregularity of process, a defective
service, etc.*
Certain legal consequences are attached to the voluntary act of a person.
The presence of the body cures the error in the name; the truth of the name
cures an error in the description
An error in the name is immaterial if the body is certain.
An error in the name is nothing when there is certainty as to the person.
The truth of the demonstration removes the error of the name.

A court is a place of business, all courts are registered corporations.

When you go to a court you are 'representing yourself'. But you are actually re-presenting your birth certificate (your person) - a piece of paper and a legal fiction. So when you go to court you are representing a corporation set up in your name without your consent.
The world is like one giant prison, it's quite sad really.
The point you make about marxism is the exact same point I made.

Can you point to a society with no class system or corporate structure?
Reply 33
numb3rb0y
Far too many people would rather have false safety than liberty.

This.

Of course, there is a trade-off. The ultimate form of liberty is anarchism, which imo is going a bit too far. Security and liberty are inherent opposites, but we need both. I will say that we do not have as much liberty as I would like in this country.

Two quotes pretty much sum up my views on this.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

"An it harm none, do what ye will." - Last line of the Wiccan Rede.

Latest

Trending

Trending