The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Liquidus Zeromus
Human. We have the freedom to judge others and do pretty much anything within our own minds. :wink:
Well yes, but if someone wanted to restrict other people's views they ought to volunteer to restrict theirs first... :wink:
Glutamic Acid
I agree. And I think "it's human nature" is a ******, spineless excuse.

Is it really? Because I'm pretty sure humans judge each other naturally. Why should I not have the right to think whatever I want about other people? In fact, it's a God-given right. I could think you're a stupid ******. Whether I should tell you that and hurt your feelings is a different matter.
Reply 22
Meh, some people are arses. That's life, you can't really do anything but ignore them.
Liquidus Zeromus
Is it really? Because I'm pretty sure humans judge each other naturally. Why should I not have the right to think whatever I want about other people? In fact, it's a God-given right. I could think you're a stupid ******. Whether I should tell you that and hurt your feelings is a different matter.

the OP clearly is trying to start an argument, dont take the bait... instead will someone PLEASE reply to my train fares question....
Reply 24
that's sad :sad:
sugarandbones
Just because it's human nature doesn't make it okay. If we accepted every silly habit we have, we would make no progress and bring about no change. Looking down on others, ridiculing others or judging them without knowing them happens all the time, but that doesn't mean that we have to accept it or let it go.
Yeah but tbh it doesn't bother me.
Reply 26
Criticism/judgment is a tool people should use to better themselves.
Bagration
Yeah but tbh it doesn't bother me.

It doesn't bother me that it doesn't bother you :smile:
Welcome to life OP. :yawn:
sugarandbones
It doesn't bother me that it doesn't bother you :smile:
It bothers me that it doesn't bother you that it doesn't bother me.
trainfarequestion
have you never been bullied before or had anything slightly bad happen to you?
i mean, nobody is replying to my thread on train fare tickets, which is much more important than this thread.
(whoops, there i go with judgments again)
yes OP, judgements are everywhere im afraid:redface:

I have had horrible things said to me and happen to me but I know im better person than that
Liquidus Zeromus

Well, yes, but I was acquiescing with the thread starter in that voicing such judgements out loud is needlessly hurtful.
its pretty much harrassment in my opinion
im suprised so many people take it lightly
Renal
Well yes, but if someone wanted to restrict other people's views they ought to volunteer to restrict theirs first... :wink:

You mean that they should restrict their public expression of their views to rational debate and be tactful towards others? It is the polite thing to do, that's granted. However, they should not have to. Sometimes people need to satisfy an emotional need by expressing their anger and dislike. If they do so, then the offended parties have reason to express their feelings in kind.
Bagration
It bothers me that it doesn't bother you that it doesn't bother me.

:rofl:
It's life, shizzle happens!
trainfarequestion
the OP clearly is trying to start an argument, dont take the bait... instead will someone PLEASE reply to my train fares question....

Well, yes, if you don't want an argument then you don't have to participate :wink:
Reply 37
Senem Boyaci
Yes we all do it at some points in our life, but some people do it constanly and its getting on my nervs. For example when i was on the underground yesterday, i saw this bunch of boys walk past a girl saying exactly this:
"Omg, she so ******* ugly, i feel sorry for her dad spotting her mum in the crowd"
The girl clearly heard them and you could just see in her face how upset she was.
Yes sometimes we see people and think that they are unattractive but why would you say it out loud just to upset that person?

Because some people have no regards for the feelings of others.
Reply 38
Surely it's better to know and accept that you're pretty ugly rather than to be deluded into thinking you're attractive?
Reply 39
People who are better than the rest of society.

Like me.

Latest

Trending

Trending