The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My understand is alcohol dehydrates you, this dehydration does effect the hangover, drinking water re-hydrates you hence lessening the effect of the hangover.

Note: This only works say if you get in from a night out and drink before you go to bed, won't have much effect the morning after.
My business teacher told me,
If you drink 3 pints of water before bed after a night drinking you don't get a hangover the next day!
I have no idea how true it is, have never tried...
KatyLauren
If you drink 3 pints of water before bed after a night drinking you don't get a hangover the next day!

wow i'm going to try that!
how much is 3 pints in litres by the way lol
Reply 4
KatyLauren

You do wake up in a pool of your own piss however, so I guess its six of one.... :tongue:
Yeah it rehydrates you. If I drink a litre of water after a night out then I can wake up with almost no hangover.
trainfarequestion
wow i'm going to try that!

I have nooo idea.
I think he said you can also do it by drinking a pint of water in between drinks all night...
Although mannnn that's going to be one busy night toilet wise!
It rehydrates you. We were told (by the alcohol lady in school) that you should drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic drink to make sure you're hydrated and don't get a hangover! Though, I never listen and ended up in pain in bed from the worlds worst hangover last week!
trainfarequestion

it takes 10 seconds to google '3 pints =', but to save you that, it's 1.7l.

I would say 3 is a bit much, 1-2 would be a more reasonable figure.
linkdapink
It rehydrates you. We were told (by the alcohol lady in school) that you should drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic drink to make sure you're hydrated and don't get a hangover! Though, I never listen and ended up in pain in bed from the worlds worst hangover last week!

who would drink in between alcohol though? it will just lessen the effect and stop you getting drunk lol
initiation

yeah if its nearly 2 litres that is quite a lot, and ok cool thanks:smile:
Why tap water in particular OP?
I drank two litres of water in an hour-long exam once. :eek:
Reply 13
Basically a hangover is a giant headache due to dehydration. If you drink lots of water before you get the hangover, it lessens or prevents it from happening. Nothing to do with how drunk you get, though.
dramaminedreams
Why tap water in particular OP?

well what else can you drink that stops you from feeling bad/flushes out the alcohol???
initiation

yeh if i drank 3 i would be scared i'd piss myself in my drunken sleep.

i normally drink 1-2, and end up with absolutely no hangover ever
It won't stop you getting drunk! You're stil drinking the same amount of alcohol at the end of the day. It only takes you longer to get drunk, and that's cos you're drinking water!
dbmag9
Basically a hangover is a giant headache due to dehydration. If you drink lots of water before you get the hangover, it lessens or prevents it from happening. Nothing to do with how drunk you get, though.

great reply, thanks.
i'm gonna order loads of tap water at the bar next time im out lol:smile:
initiation

It says 1.42l on google.
It dilutes it.

Latest

Trending

Trending